chapter twenty | the aftermath.

sorry for the short chapter. there are only 2 more chapters after this so yeah. thanks for all the support on this book

***

six months later

finn slowly climbed out of his warm bed. he had a very restless sleep and was still quite tired. he walked over to his calender and grabbed a pen. the boy rubbed his eyes and then made a small mark on the paper. 

it'd been exactly 182 days since he last saw millie. yes, he was keeping track. he felt kind of silly for counting the days but he didn't think too much of it. he was obviously happy that her horrific father was in prison and she was safe. but he still missed her a hell of a lot. 

she was still all he thought about. he thought about her almost every second of every day. he kept telling himself that he should simply move on, however it was easier said than done. that girl was his everything. he felt like he needed her to be able to function correctly. she was a part of him. 

finn tired to catch feelings for a different girl but nothing worked. he would stare at a pretty girl and just hope he would feel something. he never did. 

~~~

"finn?" jaeden said softly. 

the curly haired boy jolted and snapped out of his daydream. he was thinking about millie, like he usually did. he thought about what fun things they could be doing if she was still with him.

"draw a card." he added with a smile, pointing to the deck of cards. finn sighed. he wasn't really in the mood to play gin. he just wanted to sit around and feel sad. 

jaeden could tell that his friend was feeling horrible. ever since millie left, finn had been quite depressed. he didn't want to hang out as much, he didn't smile as much, and he was just a sad sight overall.

"d-d-do you think sh-sh-she even r-r-r-re-rem-remembers me? i'm not m-m-mem-memorable and she..." he paused and took a deep breath before continuing his statement. "s-sh-sh-sh-she's the m-m-m-m-most beautiful g-g-g-g-girl i've e-ev-e-ever seen in m-m-my l-life. i-i-i mean, she's also l-l-l-like one of t-th-the n-n-nicest people i've ev-e-ever m-met and... she's j-j-just perfect." finn voiced as he rested his head in his hands. jaeden cracked a smile and put his hand on finn's back. 

"of course she remembers you. she'll always remember you. you're pretty much the reason she's still alive. you saved her life. you loved her when nobody else did." jaeden answered.

finn exhaled deeply and wiped a tear from his cheek. he sniffled and then nodded slightly. he was happy that he still had a friend like jaeden  someone that would always support him. 

"do y-y-y-you th-think sh-she h-h-has a n-n-new boyfriend?" the curky haired boy asked. jaeden tried his best to hold back some laughter. he found his friend's obliviousness quite funny. 

jaeden knew for a fact that millie didn't have a new boyfriend. one, she wasn't great in social situations, therefore she probably didn't know many people. two, he thought she was probably still hooked on finn. 

he could tell that they truly loved eachother with all of their hearts. even though they'd only known eachother for a handful of months, they acted like they'd been together for years. 

finn knew he was going to love millie for the rest of his life. there was nothing he could do about it.