chapter sixteen | you are in love.

remember to vote! you have to vote because it's a nice thing to do. and leave some funny comments if you want to.

***

"thanks again for talking your mom into letting me stay." millie said softly and kindly as she walked into finn's bedroom. she had just finished putting on some of the very comfortable yet way oversized clothes that finn was letting her wear for the night. 

the freckled boy grinned. "y-y-y-you are w-w-welcome." 

he remembered that millie had a fear of the dark so he made sure to put a nightlight in his room.  millie noticed his sweet gesture and felt her cheeks warm up. he was the first person to genuinely care about her in years. he was generous, chivalrous, smart, and pretty. really pretty.  she could've spent hours just staring at his beautiful face. 

"i'm so tired." the brunette girl muttered to herself as she hopped onto finn's bed. her feet were very sore and her eyelids were heavy. she needed sleep.

millie looked down at the floor and saw finn trying to get comfortable. he tossed and turned for a few moments. while he was busy being restless, millie had a sudden thought. 

"g-gosh why i-is it s-s-so h-h-hot?" he muttered in a pouting tone. he sounded like a child that didn't get a toy they wanted. millie simply chuckled at her friend. 

finn bit his lip and grabbed the hem of his shirt. he thought for a moment. he didn't want to be too hot yet he didn't want to turn up the heat and make millie burn to death. after fumbling with the soft fabric for a few seconds, he peeled off his pajama shirt and tossed it toward his dresser. 

it was quite awkward for poor millie. she felt weird with a shirtless boy in the same room as her. she wanted to laugh and cringe at the same time. 

~~~

finn slowly opened his tired eyes and peered at his surroundings. he heard a noise coming from millie's direction. it sounded like she was crying. 

he stood up and stumbled toward the bed. his assumption was right. she was holding her pillow tightly and sobbing her eyes out. finn's heart broke a bit when he saw the girl he was head over heels for in such a state of distraught. he climbed onto the bed and put a hand on her back. 

"b-b-b-bah-bad dr-dre-d-d-dream?" he questioned as he began to softly rub her back. she nodded. 

"can... can you stay here?" she whispered. it was one of the worst dreams she had in a while. she was terrified at the thought of going back to sleep. 

finn swallowed hard. he then took a deep breath and wrapped his arms around her waist. the thin boy carefully leaned back until his head was on the fluffy pillow. millie curled up against him. she could feel the heat of his bare skin on her back. 

even though she was in the arms of the boy she cared most about she still couldn't get to sleep. she was too scared to sleep. she was almost jealous at the fact that finn dozed off almost instantly. she sighed and rolled over to face the sleeping boy. 

she put her finger up to his face and began to slightly trace each freckle. he had too many to count but she was going to do her best to count them all. after getting to the number of eleven finn opened his eyes. 

"wh-w-what a-are y-y-you doing?" he asked innocently. she giggled. 

"counting your freckles." she responded. 

"oh" was all finn had to say. 

he squeezed her a bit tighter and closed his eyes again. he thought about the day he first met her. he thought about everything. that girl was his everything. he never stopped thinking about her. whenever she wasn't with him he missed her and when she was with him he could only focus on her.

"i l-l-l-l... f-fuck."

millie was confused. she didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. finn wanted to say what this important sentence without stuttering.

"i l-l-l..."

"i-i-i-i..."

"i... think... i... love... you." he finally said with a huge smile on his face.

"i know i-ih-it-it's t-too soon-soon to s-s-s-s-say it b-b-b-but i m-me-mean it. i th-th-think i l-love you. i th-th-think a-a-about y-you every second of ev-e-e-every d-day." he added moments later. 

millie felt like she was going to cry or faint, or just both. it had been years since someone said those three words to her. she didn't even necessarily believe in love until she met finn. he changed her life. he changed everything. 

"i think love you too. i do... i'm scared though. we can't... we... i..." she paused to think about what she was going to say. everything was happening so fast. she needed to collect her thoughts. "we love eachother and that's all that matters. we will be okay." 

millie was honestly scared out of her mind. her father had done a great job at completely shattering her mental health. she had trust issues and didn't like most people. she did not want to burden finn with all of her problems.

the girl suddenly broke free from his grasp and sat up. finn, worrying he did something wrong, also sat up. they looked into eachother's eyes for a moment. finn swallowed hard, debating on wether or not to say something.

"can you kiss me?" millie whispered sheepishly. she was embarrassed to ask but she felt like she needed finn's lips on hers. 

finn nodded and slowly leaned in. their lips collided and millie felt her heart start to throb. she put a hand on his waist and deepened the already passionate kiss. while their lips were connected, finn felt something he hadn't felt before. he hadn't even felt it during their other kisses. 

he could tell that she was the only one for him. he never really believed in soulmates until he met millie. they had a connection. he needed her and she needed him. she changed his life just like he changed her's.

they were in  love.

***

this was so corny and stupid but hopefully the next chapter will be better.