chapter three | new friends.

please go read "cherry cola" by -noahsenglishmuffins. it's a great fillie book and I love it lots. it's extroardinarily underrated so it'd be awesome if all of you could go show it some love!!

also happy new year! i drank 15 cups of punch on new year's eve so yeah... next year i'm going for 16 cups.

***

millie awoke to the sound of her little alarm clock blaring. she tried to ignore the sound as she snuggled into the warm blankets that layed ontop of her. why is a bed always more comfortable in the morning? i'm sure everyone has thought that at one point in time. millie thought about that pretty much every morning.

she was getting ready to hop out of bed and get ready for school when she suddenly realized a very important detail, it was saturday. the brunette girl breathed a deep sigh of relief and rested her head on her white, fluffy pillow again.

unfortunately her peace didn't last long. a loud, boisterous knock was heard. she knew it was her father pounding on the door. she hopped out of bed and quickly slipped on her fuzzy bedroom slippers. she strutted over and unlocked the door. it immediately swung open.

"you overslept baby." her father muttered. she could tell he'd been drinking the night before, as his breath smelled of whiskey and bourbon.

"sorry daddy." she replied blandly. whenever she talked to her father, there was no emotion in her voice. she simply didn't feel like putting any effort into conversing with him.

"i need you to go to the store. we're out of milk." the man voiced.

"but daddy, the store is too far away for me to walk." millie argued. her father knew it was too far to walk there, that's why he wanted her to go. he liked the fact that feet and legs hurt from walking so much.

the man simply said nothing and exited the room. the young girl knew she had to go. she knew whenever he said nothing, it was a bad sign.

~~~

millie walked along the freezer section in search of a box of eggo waffles. she had already fetched the milk so she decided she would grab a new box of her favorite breakfast. the poor thing always had to hide her toaster waffles, as her father didn't want her to eat them. he said they "made her fat".

she glanced to her left and saw a familier face peeking into the large freezer. he must've noticed her because he slammed the door and jogged over to her grinning from ear to ear.

"hey m-m-muh-m-millie." he said rather shyly. the boy's cheeks turned a light rosy color and he looked down at his dirty old shoes.

"hi." she replied unenthusiastically. she knew she needed to get home, she didn't have time to talk to finn.

"d-do you w-w-wanna h-h-h-hang out with m-m-me a-and a f-f-friend?" finn questioned in a polite manner. he kind of wanted to befriend millie, as it's always nice to meet new people.

"look over there!" she exclaimed, pointing to "something" behind finn. he jolted around and looked for a strange object. whenever he turned back around, she was gone.

she had ran out of the freezer section and was racing towards the checkout. she scanned along the way and looked for the one with the shortest line. eventually she decided to simply go to the self checkout. she scanned her items, slipped a few dollars into the machine, grabbed her receipt, and headed for the door.