chapter four | the redhead.

woo thanks for over 1k views in such a short period of time! i'm glad you're all enjoying this book. remember to vote!

also, would any of you read a fack book if i wrote one? just curious.

***

"excuse me..." millie said softly and shyly, trying to make her way through the crowded school hallway. a tall girl with red hair and freckles turned around to face the shorter, brunette girl.

"hi, how are you?" the redhead answered with a friendly smile. now millie was confused. normally people didn't converse with people outside of their clique. having a conversation with a stranger was unheard of at a school.

millie smiled back at the girl. it was a forced smile, but a smile is a smike right? "i'm okay." she responded.

the red haired girl and the brunette stood there in an uncomfortable silence for a brief moment.

"i'm sadie." sadie stated, reaching out to shake millie's hand.

when their hands collided, sadie noticed a rough spot on the brunette's hand. it felt a lot like a cut although she wasn't sure.

"i'm millie." the brunette girl informed the ginger girl. sadie grinned.

"we should hang out sometime. it'd be great to get to know eachother better." sadie added. millie sighed and shrugged.

"do you have a phone number?" she added. millie shook her head.

her father never let her have a phone, not that she really needed one, but still. he said she would use it to "hook up with boys". even though her father was extroardinarily controlling about her talking to guys, the truth is, she'd never even held a boy's hand before.

"i guess i'll see you around." sadie stated. both girls smiled and started to slowly walk away from eachother. sadie on her way to english class and millie on her way to the dreaded science class.

whenever millie arrived at the classroom door, she noticed finn walking toward her. "hi." the tall boy simply said. she didn't want to be late for class but she wanted to talk to her friend.

"hey finn." millie replied with a shy grin on her face. talking to finn made her kind of nervous and it gave her an anxious feeling in her stomach. she didn't know what the feeling was, as she'd never felt it before.

finn opened the door for her and let her enter the room first. he walked in behind her and proceeded to close the door. the boy went to his normal seat but this time there was someing different. one of his many bullies, jack, was sitting next to him. jack was a member of gaten matarazzo's little group. finn could feel the other boy's gaze on him. he tried to ignore it but it was hard.

"hey freak." jack whispered, attempting to taunt finn. finn took a deep breath and ignored the insult.

"you should just go and slit your throat. i mean, you can't function correctly. you're just a waste of space."

finn bit the inside of his cheek and clenched his fist around his pencil. he made it a point to never let insults tear him down, although it still annoyed him. he didn't understand why they got such pleasure out of teasing him.