chapter twenty two | epilogue

one month later

finn and millie walked hand in hand down the quiet street. after months of asking, her aunt finally decided to let her come back to visit her hometown. it was the scariest thing millie had ever done in her life. she was worried to death that nobody would remember about her. and if they did remember, she was sure that nobody would care.

however to her surprise, all of her friends were extroardinarily happy to see her. they'd all missed her a lot, but finn missed her the most of all. he felt truly empty without her by his side. 

"i w-w-w-w-wish you c-cuh-c-could st-st-st-stay longer." the curly haired boy said with a sigh. millie was only going to be in town for two weeks. he was very happy that they were together again, but he wished that she would've been able to stay a lot longer.

millie smiled and rested her head on finn's shoulder. "my aunt said that we can visit again next month." she stated.

"t-t-that's g-g-good but i-i'll m-m-m-miss y-y-you." he responded, grinning a bit at the end of his sentence.

even though they'd only known eachother for almost a year, they both felt like they'd grown up together. they were absolutely dedicated to eachother.

"i-i-i l-l-l-love y-you." finn muttered quietly. half of him was hoping that she wouldn't actually hear what he said. he was just very anxious about saying things like that to her.

millie giggled. "i know you do. and i love you too."

"d-d-d-do y-y-you think y-y-you will always l-l-love me?" he added with a smirk. she chuckled and playfully elbowed his side. 

"you're so dumb. of course i will." she said jokingly. he grinned and bent down to gently kiss her cheek.

before finn met millie, he often felt quite alone. he felt like he had no friends, he felt like a loser, and he felt like he would never have anyone to care for. after he met her, he never felt alone. he knew that he had a friend in her.

before millie met finn, she was hopeless. she thought that she would never escape her father's tyrany. she was depressed and kind of just wanted to die. however after she met finn, she never really felt that way again. he made her happy.

they both needed to find someone and they did,

they found eachother.