Chapter 16 - Stand Up

Ariella's POV:

As I tossed and turned in my bed I felt the feeling someone was watching me. I ducked myself under the sheet a little more and then I heard shuffling in my room and voices, whispering voices. Then a couple seconds later "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I jumped up in my bed, scared half to death and then landed back. I looked at all the smiling faces in my room. Mom, Dad, Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall, Lilly, Kyle, Usher, Scooter, Pattie, David and even Justin. I looked at all of them with a huge smile on my face. "Thanks guys, but it is David's birthday as well." I said as I climbed out of my bed and went and hugged eachone of them, even Justin. I kissed Louis and he wrapped his arm around my waist. "You all scared me half to death. I thought we were being robbed." I said to them and Usher laughed.

"Rob this place? We have guards on all the gates, trust me your safe." said Usher. "Yeah I better be." I told him and he smiled. "Come down stairs once your dresser we're all going out to breakfast for your guys birthday." said my mom. I nodded and everyone walked out, but I stopped Louis at the door. "Happy Birthday baby." he said to me. I smiled to him and he picked me up by my waist and sat down on my bed, me ontop of him. I layed him back and pushed myself up, kissing his lips. He wrapped his arms around  my waist pulling me down so there was no room between us. I felt his hand go underneath my tanktop and rest it in the middle of my back until I broke the kiss. "I have to get ready." I said to him and he sat up, bring me with him.

"I'll wait here." he said and I rolled my eyes and walked into the closet. Changing into my outfit, a black skirt, pink sheer longsleeved top that tied in the front, black heels, black earrings, a silver ring, three heart rings. I threw my hair into a loose ponytail bringing it to the front and grabbing my Michael Kors white bag. I walked out and Louis was looking down at his phone and then he heard my heel and his head snapped up. "Woah, you look sexy." he said looking me head to toe. "Well I try." I said and he laughed, "C'mon let's get going." he said taking a hold of my hand.

--------------------

"Breakfast was delicous! Thank you." I said to my parents and they smiled to me. "Here." they said handing me an envelope. "What's this?" I asked suspicously, "What? Can't your own parents get you something for their daughter's, we gave David his. Right now he is on a plane back to the Bahama's with his new girlfriend, Tori." said my dad. "Wait Tori from his new HS he said he has been crushing on? He finally asked her out!" I said excited and my mom nodded. "Bring Louis over here, it's your birthday but it may have something to do with him too." she said and I scrunchd up my eyebrows. "Hey Lou babe come in here!" I yelled to him, "What's up love?" his british voice rang through the house. "Wanna help me open this?" I asked him, "Uhh sure?" he said, slightly confused, as I already am.

We both opened the envelope and there wasn't a card but a piece of paper folded. I took it out and handed Lou the envelope. I unfolded the letter and looked up at my parents and they smiled. I began reading,

Ariella,

I can't believe that you're 18 already. These years have flown by so quickly, I remember when we first had you and your brother and the first time we held you in our arms, our first christmas as a family and your first birthday. You have grown into such a mature and beautiful young woman. You have been through really difficult times and even though you may have not made the right decision it's ok, everyone makes mistakes, even us. We know how much you love your career, you are so dedicated to it which not only makes us proud parents but makes us proud parents because you have taught us somethings along the way. We both understand that you don't want us to be TOO much involved in your love life but Louis is a wonderful man, he respects you and loves you the way a man should. Infact all the One Direction boys have been such great friends too you and we are happy for that, but back to your relationship. Please make sure you know that we will always be here for you so we both hope that not only you but Louis as well please accept these set of keys to your new home.