The Wedding Of River Song Pt. 5

"What's this? Oh, it's a timey-wimey distress beacon. Who built this?" the Doctor asks.

"I'm the child of the TARDIS. I understand the physics" River replies.

"But that's all you've got, a distress beacon," the Doctor says.

"I've been sending out a message. A distress call. Outside the bubble of our time, the universe is still turning, and I've sent a message everywhere. To the future and the past, the beginning and the end of everything. {Y/N} is dying. Please, please help."

"River! River, this is ridiculous. That would mean nothing to anyone. It's insane. Worse, it's stupid. You embarrass me" {Y/N} says.

"We barricaded the door. We've got a few minutes. Just tell her. Just tell her, River" Amy says.

"Those reports of the sunspots and the solar flares. They're wrong. There aren't any. It's not the sun, it's you. The sky is full of a million, million voices saying yes, of course, we'll help. You've touched so many lives, saved so many people. Did you think when your time came, you'd really have to do more than just ask? You've decided that the universe is better off without you, but the universe doesn't agree" River says.

"River, no one can help me. A fixed point has been altered. Time is disintegrating" {Y/N} says.

"I can't let you die."

"But I have to die."

"Shut up! I can't let you die without knowing you are loved by so many, and so much, and by no one more than me" River says crying, {Y/N} looks at her.

"River, you and I, we know what this means. We are ground zero of an explosion that will engulf all reality. Billions on billions will suffer and die" {Y/N} mutters.

"I'll suffer if I have to kill you."

"More than every living thing in the universe?"

"Yes."

"River, River, why do you have to be this? Melody Pond, your daughter. I hope you're both proud!" {Y/N} hisses, turning away.

"I'm not sure I completely understand" Rory mutters.

"We got married and had a kid and that's her" Amy replies.

"Ok."

"Amy, uncuff me now" Amy uncuffs {Y/N}, she sighs before turning back around "ok, I need a strip of cloth about a foot long. Anything will do. Never mind" {Y/N} takes off her bow tie "River, take one end of this. Wrap it around your hand, and hold it out to me."

"What am I doing?"

"As you're told. Now, we're in the middle of a combat zone, so we'll have to do the quick version. Captain Williams, say I consent and gladly give" {Y/N} says.

"To what?"

"Just say it! Please" {Y/N} says.

"I consent and gladly give."

"Need you to say it too... mother of the bride."

"I consent and gladly give."

"Doctor, do you trust me?"

"Yes, I always will" he replies.

"Good, now River, I'm about to whisper something in your ear, and you have to remember it very, very carefully, and tell no one what I said" {Y/N} whispers something very short, River gasps "I just told you my name. Now, there you go, River Song. Melody Pond. You're the woman who married me. And wife, I have a request. This world is dying and it's my fault, and I can't bear it another day. Please, help me. There isn't another way."

"Then you may kiss the bride," River says crying, {Y/N} chuckles as she leans into River.

"I'll make it a good one."

"You'd better" the two kiss and the clock starts moving forward, white-out's and flashbacks of the events at the lakeside when {Y/N} died and was cremated.