The Wedding Of River Song Pt. 1

London 5:02 pm 22nd April 2011

"And it's another beautiful day in London. There are reports of sunspot activity and solar flares causing interference across all radio signals so apologies for that" Pterodactyls fly over children playing in Hyde Park.

"Guys, look!" a girl says, the pterodactyls swoop and the children run to the trees, past the sign 'Pterodactyls are vermin. Do not feed' a Roman centurion in a chariot waits at the traffic lights, on a TV in a shop window is a breakfast television programme.

"So, do you think you can top last year's Christmas Special?"

"And can you tell us anything about it?"

"Well, all I can say now is that it involves ghosts, and the past, the present and future, all at the same time."

"Ooo, we love a ghost story."

"Crowds lined the Mall today as Holy Roman Emperor, Winston Churchill, returned to the Buckingham Senate on his personal mammoth."

*Churchill's office*

Winston Churchill is having his blood pressure checked by his Silurian male nurse.

"Not too many late nights in Gaul, I hope."

"Just the one. I had an argument with Cleopatra. Dreadful woman. Excellent dancer" Churchill says.

"I can tell from your blood pressure."

"What time do you have, doctor?"

"Two minutes past five, Caesar."

"It's always two minutes past five. Day or night, it's always two minutes past five in the afternoon. Why is that?"

"Because that is the time, Caesar."

"And the date. It's always the twenty-second of April. Does it not bother you?"

"The date and the time have always been the same, Caesar. Why should it start bothering me now?"

"I want to see the Soothsayers. Where are they?"

"In the Tower, where you threw them the last time."

"Get them" a few minutes later two bedraggled figures in toga and shackles are brought in and thrown to their knees, their heads down "leave us" everyone leaves except for the two figures and Churchill "tick tock goes the clock, as the old song says. But they don't, do they? The clocks never tick. Something has happened to time. That's what you both say. What you two never stop saying. All of history is happening at once. But what does that mean? What happened? Explain to me in terms that I can understand what happened to time!" the shorter of the two looks up.

"A woman" {Y/N} says, a smile on her lips.

*Flashback*

"Imagine you were dying. Imagine you were afraid and a long way from home and in terrible pain. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, you looked up and saw the face of the devil himself. Hello, Dalek" {Y/N} says.

"Emergency. Emergency. Weapon system disabled. Emergency" the Doctor opens up the top of the Dalek.

"Hush, now. We need some information from your data core. Everything the Daleks know about the Silence" {Y/N} says.

*Time skip*

A cloaked figure walks through destruction towards the figure in the Stetson, who then steps into a seedy space bar followed by a female.

"Gideon Vandaleur. Get him. Now" the Doctor says.

"Who says he's here?" the barman asks, the Doctor drops the Dalek's eyestalk onto the counter. A short while later, the Doctor is at a table reading Knitting for Girls, {Y/N} sits next to him, that's when the cloaked figure sits down with them.