Bad timing

Author's note
I used the human childbirth as base so I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong.

The time passed by quicker than Ratchet had wished for, appreciating the time his mate Wheeljack spent together with him. He knew it wasn't easy for him. He could feel the wrecker's nervousness growing with every day the closer the day of birth came. Navy always tried to keep her half-brother calm but it was hard to tame his wild spirit, known for no patience.
"Wheeljack. You really need to calm down. You ain't helping your mate with your steady nervousness. Stop pacing up and down. Sit and relax. Let the mechanics do their job. Don't worry. You still have some time." Navy didn't know if she should giggle about Wheeljack's behaviour or if she should be angry.
"I'm sorry, hun. It's just...I've never seen someone giving birth or even seen the symptoms", the soldier confessed with a long sigh.
Ratchet chuckled amused. "Hey, come here. There's no need to be concerned yet."
Wheeljack sat reluctantly down next to the medic, leaning against the wall.
"The Cons have been really inactive these days. Something's out there. I can feel it."
"Okay, bro, now you're exaggerating a bit, don't you think so", Navy snorted. "Be happy that they are inactive. The more time you will have to be by Ratchet's side."
"Maybe.... Maybe you are right."

But Wheeljack wasn't wrong at all because the evil side was sending a little Con to tail and find the base...

Laserbeak was positioned and started to locate an Autobot, soon finding a motorcycle, ridden by a young adolescent boy. It was no one else then Arcee who was bringing Jack back to the base. They didn't notice their silent follower, unwillingly leading him to the central of the base. The base where Ratchet is waiting for giving birth.

"Lord Megatron~", Starscream said with a mischievous grin on his face. "It seems like Laserbeak found the base." With that he led him over to Soundwave who was watching over his little fellow, showing the giant building with hidden Autobots in it.
"Very good", the mighty lord grinned. "Let's start operation Invading and Elimination."

"So you said today might be possible?", Miko asked curiously while she gave the three Bots companion.
"Maybe. But it's nothin' for a small kid's eyes like ya, Miko." Wheeljack was holding Ratchet's hand tight as he looked down at the 15-years-old girl who crossed her arms pouting.
"Bleh. Unfair", she complained and stuck out her tongue at him.
Wheeljack was so close to answer to her rudeness as the alert started beeping loudly.
"What the....?", he asked and ordered Navy to stay by the medic's side in case the pain kicks in. Navy gave him an acknowledged nod before the wrecker left to check up on the situation. Miko was following him quickly.
As he entered the main hangar he noticed the red points on the radar.
"They found the base", Smokescreen panicked and transformed his hands into blasters.
Wheeljack blinked in realization. They did find the base? How was that possible? What did we do wrong this time? Wheeljack frowned before he heard Starscream's voice yelling at them.
"Surrender, Autobots, or you will regret it if you don't", he ordered and laughed scornfully.
"We'll never surrender", Optimus said with his calm strict voice, visibly not wanting to fight although he would do if he had to.
"If you say so - you're doomed."
"Only over my dead corpse", Wheeljack growled and clenched his fists.
With that the fire started.

"What's going on?", Ratchet wanted to know as he heard shooting and loud noises trying to sit up but failed and laid back down.
"Hey, shhhhhhh, don't move too much", Navy smiled and laid a hand on his belly.
With that Ratchet started to bend and gasped quietly. "Oh no.... I think it just began...", he whispered slightly panicking.
Navy kept her servo on his belly, feeling a lot of movements.
"You're right. Wheeljack was right too. They came... And birth just started... It's a bad timing-"

"Wheeljack, go back to Ratchet. He needs you now", the Prime ordered.
"B-But you guys need...m-my help, don't you..?", the wrecker stammered and lowered his blasters as he looked up to Optimus.
"I said go."
"Okay- Here. Take them. I believe you need them more than I do at the moment", Wheeljack stated and left a box of grenades by his team mates then he ran back to Navy and Ratchet.
"What did I miss?", he wanted to know as he walked towards them, kneeling in front of Ratchet.
"Not much", Navy explained. "It's the first phase."
"First phase?"
"The sparkling moves into the correct position before the main part starts."
"How long does it take?"
"It can be hours, sometimes minutes, depending on the mom."
"Hours?!"
"Yes. I can't make the procedure go faster."
"Wheeljack", Ratchet whispered and smiled, reaching his hand towards him. "Calm down."
The soldier gently took his servo and intertwined their fingers.
"I'm trying. I'm trying my best. Wait- I think I heard something", Wheeljack excused and got back up, walking to the door as it got slammed open by no one else than Soundwave.
"Soundwave. Of course it's you", a low growl left the soldier.
Soundwave just looked down at him with his empty face before he looked over Wheeljack's shoulder, seeing Ratchet curled up and Navy next to him, trying to encourage him.
The wrecker used the moment of distraction and pushed Soundwave away, making him trip and fall to the floor as his instinct was tingling. He grabbed his sword and was about to ram it into the Cons chest as his attack got dodged.
"For Primus' sake-", Ratchet whined and held his belly, curled up.
Wheeljack has moved his fight outside of the room to protect his mate although he wanted to be by his side, to help him to get through the pain.

3 hours passed by until Wheeljack came back, holding his wounded arm with a smile.
"We were victorious", he whispered. "How's Ratchet doing?"
"Fine. I called an old friend to help out with the injuries. So I'll-" She stopped talking as a white and green Bot walked in.
"You called, Navy?"
"TryOut, I'm so glad to see you. I have to hurry, I need-"
"Hey, calm down. I will take care of all three. Now go", TryOut smiled cheerful.
"Thanks a lot, friend. I owe you something." With that she left to help out the others.
"So you are TryOut, eh?", Wheeljack asked sceptical and raised an optic ridge.
"Yes."
Ratchet squirmed and laid onto his back to get into a less painful position as he gasped. Energon was covering the bed partly, a signal that the second phase had set in. The wrecker and the other medic immediately went over to Ratchet.
"It h-hurts-"
"Don't worry. That's normal. A cybertronian pregnancy is a lot more painful."
Wheeljack took his mate's hand, holding it tight to signale him that he's with him. The heavy breathing of Ratchet made him go nervous again, praying that everything will be okay. He bit his lip in pain as the medic squeezed his servo even tighter, holding back a groan while he ignored the pain in his arm by the injury caused by Soundwave.
TryOut giggled at the sight. "Okay, Ratch, you know what to do", he said softly and helped his friend to get into the right position for the birth.
The Doc-Bot nodded as he started the whole process with a push.
But the sparkling was still in danger. Wheeljack noticed the door opening by itself. He let go of Ratchet and disappeared.
"J-Jackie...?", the medic whispered his name but the wrecker didn't hear it and suddenly got pulled out of the room by an invisible hand.

"What do you want, slut?", Wheeljack snarled at his opponent, a dark red and black coloured femme.
"You know I have a name", she whispered seductively and moved closer.
"I know you do but I don't like it and I have other business to attend, so piss off."
"You're not getting rid of me."
Wheeljack inhaled deeply before he grabbed her by her throat, slamming her against a wall as she let fall her blade.
"I wouldn't mess with me if I were you~"

TryOut and his friend heard loud fighting outside the room until someone got slammed against a wall.
Ratchet gripped the sheets tight as he kept pushing, trying to get his child out of him.
"You're doing great, my friend", TryOut said softly, encouraging the medic.
Minute after minute ran away before a squeal was to hear, then Wheeljack came back in with a sigh, seeing Ratchet giving the last push before he heard the first whine of their sparkling. For Primus' sake I missed this special moment.... TryOut smiled, picked up the little child and cleaned it up gently then reaching it to Wheeljack since Ratchet had fallen asleep due to exhaustion.
"Come, I think you can't wait to hold her in your arms, dontcha", TryOut chuckled as the wrecker took his little sparkling with shaking hands.
"Her...?"
"Yes. It's a little girl."
"A gurl, huh~" He smiled as the little female laid her head aside, hiding her face in his chest as she fell asleep. She was a mixture of white and grey metal with red and black markings.
"Do you have a name?", TryOut questioned curiously.
"Heh, yeah. Her name will be Skydive. But you can call her Sky for short", Wheeljack smiled proudly and side glanced at Ratchet. "He will be okay.., won't he?"
"Don't worry. He will wake up soon."