Surprise

"HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?", Wheeljack asked more surprised than angrily. Suddenly Ratchet turned around as he heard someone else saying the exact words like the wrecker did.
"You? Here? I thought you're outside with the rest of the team?"
"Who are you talking to?", Wheeljack wanted to know.
"Surprise. It's Smokescreen." The medic sighed frustrated and turned back around.
"I finished my mission earlier so that's why I came back. I didn't know you're prego."
"This was a secret talk between me and Wheeljack! No one should know what's going on. So shut up and don't lose a word about my current condition, 'kay? So go away now, please", Ratchet hissed in rage at his younger teammate.
"Sorry for causing so much trouble-" But Smokescreen didn't intend to leave them.
Ratchet, who rolled his optics, started talking with Wheeljack again. "Wheeljack, what do you think-" The medic's words went quiet and suddenly he fainted. Smokescreen caught him before he could hit the ground hard.
"Doc?", Wheeljack asked worried through the comlink, not knowing what's going on.
"He fainted but he's still alive. I guess the pain is getting him really bad...", the young soldier stated.
"I'm on my way back!" These were Wheeljack's last words then he hang up the call. Meanwhile was Smokescreen dragging the medic to his room, laying him on his berth. A soft groan was to hear but then everything went silent again.
"Ratchet?" No answer. So Smokescreen decided to sit next to the medic and comlinked an old friend of his...

"He fainted because of-..." Smokescreen shut up as he was close to spit out the little secret Ratchet and Wheeljack were hiding. Instead of the telling the truth he just shrugged, signaling that he didn't know what happened either.
"How is Ratchets status, Navy?", Optimus wanted to know.
"He's alive and in a good condition so far but something is going on that I can't interpret", a foreign female voice said. Then the said girl stood up, wiping away some dirt. "He will wake up very soon."
"I want you to have an eye on him if that's okay for you." The Prime looked thoughtlessly at his old friend Ratchet.
"Sure. That's no problem."

Day after day went over and Navy was checking permanently the medic's condition but he wasn't awake yet. Surprisingly Wheeljack arrived the next day and everyone was wondering why he came back.
"Hey, Wheeljack, did you find anyone during your trip? Or why did you come back?", Arcee asked and crossed her arms, raising an optic ridge at his teammate. As soon as the wrecker heard her questioning him about his come back he blushed hard. No one except Smokescreen and Bulkhead knew about his secret love. For now.
"Eh...", he started stammering and rubbed the back of his helm embarrassed.
"Oh....I see what's going on", the femme in front of him said with a smirk but then left the base.
"Hm?" Wheeljack was confused about the female's sentence but then shrugged before walking right over to Ratchets room. No one was in there except Ratchet himself and another femme who made him gasp.
"Navy? Is... Is that really you?" His spark started to beat fast.
"Wheeljack?!", the femme asked and ran over to Wheeljack, hugging him tightly. "I thought you're dead..." Tears formed and ran over Navy's faceplate.
"Shhhhh, I'm not... How did you find the base?"
"Smokescreen called me because of Ratchet."
"Really? I can't believe it!"
"Yes, it's true", Navy chuckled amused about her half-brother's reaction.
"How's Ratchets condition?", Wheeljack quickly changed the topic and looked over to his mate who was laying on his bed.
"He's fine, no need to worry. But something is going on inside his body. I dunno what it is though", Navy answered and knelt down next to the unconscious medic.
"Oh...well..." Wheeljack started to stutter again and a light blush appeared on his face.
"What's up?
"He's....", Wheeljack stopped and took a deep breath before keep talking, "...he's pregnant."
"Oh really? I've heard that this is possible but it's very seldom. This is a really seldom phenomenon. Hm.... Who's his mate?" Navy looked curious at her half-brother.
Wheeljack blushed again and looked quickly away. "It's...me."
"Are you serious?" Navy's face told him that she couldn't believe it.
But Wheeljack nodded.
A groan was coming from Ratchet as he started to move slowly. He held his head because of a bad headache.
"Ugh....where...where am I?", he wanted to know until he spotted Wheeljack's face.
"Surprise, my dear, I'm home again~", the wrecker whispered chuckling.
"Did you just came back...for me?"
"Of course!"
"Shhhhh, he should rest for a while. He wasn't awake for almost 5 days", Navy stated serious.
"So long?" Ratchet couldn't believe what he heard.
"Our race's pregnancy is short but much more painful than the humans pregnancy. You shouldn't do anything during you have to eat for two."
"But I have to work-", Ratchet contradicted.
"No »But«, you need to rest." Navy's strict tone let the medic shut up.
"How long have we wait till the birth?", Wheeljack asked curious and smiled warmly.
"About one month. As I said the pregnancy is quite short but costs a lot of strength."
"Argh", the medic let to hear and curled up in his suffer.
"Sunshine?"

Author's note:
It's just a random chapter. Next one will be about their teammates reaction to the current situation.