A New Tomorrow..

The course of time doesn't change what changes is the course of our destinies mine changed when I resigned at Walker Cooperates and stay jobless till date. We own a coffee shop that is under Mark's investment and this bothers ma than anything. No one knows when he will come and take this business from mom and hand it to someone else. I need to find myself a new job to earn more money for mom's medications and bills a job to survive this hectic life a job to keep me occupied as I once was and mostly I need this job because I have no idea for how long this cafe will last in my mother's name. Our mother has kidney problem since her youth ages she had a kidney infection when I was 7 which led to a removal of her left kidney to avoid more infection spread to the other right kidney. She survives on one kidney which isn't in a good shape either. Her doctor suggested a transplant in the coming future for her well being.
As a sister to Jessica and a first daughter to our mother I am responsible for all their needs, safety and well being. There are people in our lives who are worth every drop of our sweat, sacrifice, and hard work for me Jessy and Mom are. I would do anything to see a smile on their bright faces every time things get hard and right now I was restless and burdened with being jobless

I keep questioning myself when did my life become this messed up? Applying for a job has been an unending quest since leaving the Walker Cooperate well paying job. I got rejected many times in many accounts and attempt of trying hard to get myself employed yet a single phone call made it hard for me to get hired. Waking up every morning preparing snacks, bites, and coffee isn't enough I need something to be my escape and relief from this void in me a void I never knew could bring loneliness.
I look at my mom who is always overworking herself and at my baby sister Jessica who has multiple part time jobs just to keep herself in college I get a hard time cause life in New York is bills and bills means money and there is no money without working. I hate it when I fail somewhere and right now I was failing in everything be it to take care of my family or taking care of my lif. That son of a b*tch made me go through hell, I got rejected wherever I applied for a job and who is he to be blamed? He promised it will be hard he promised me a living hell so all employment appointments and interviews got canceled before their due date. Mark Walker one of the billionaires I got to know and work with was once the kindest man alive and all of a sudden he.... somethings remain unsaid...

If life would work in my favor this minute I would take all rights of ownership of this cafe and handle it to mom. The cafe has been her life and joy. I can't stand to watch her one day loosing this place. I had put on an A-line knee-length navyblue dress loose my hair put some pumps in black on and makeup my mind as I stand to walk out my room heading the streets to begin a new day in search of new dreams and opportunities. I wonder if things will work in my favor just this once but no matter how many times I wish for things to go in my way Mark's words echo in my ears I will ground you and make it hard for you to get another decent job, this I promise.
--------------

"Jessy I will be out for couple of hours", I yell while heading toward the exit door. This March the spring season mornings are good for a long walk I truly need it and I truly need a job too. I huff and take a step to walk the street.

"Mom wants to talk to can you come back for a while?". Jessy calls out to me.

"What would that be so important than looking for a job right now? I'm dying of boredom", I scream under my gritted teeth wishing I could walk ahead the road towards my dreams.

"How would I know? Just get your ass back in there", that sarcasm tone of hers sometimes is like a sharp heated dagger piercing mercilessly in one's soul.

"Okay I will be there in a minute. I stare at her as she walks back the cafe in a gold yellowish tee top tucked in black trouser pants her hair in a ponytail her face married with morning scowls. Her facial expressions scares the hell out of me every morning. It's like she hates when morning comes. Jessica a warm-hearted girl a sister and a very supportive friend in many ways I'm lucky to have her. No matter how rough your given life is God never forgets to give you people who lights up your dull life. She is the rudest girl alive but still she never fails to light up my mood. She can push too hard sometimes till you crawl back in your cave and yet when you get out she will be right there waiting to make sure you don't give up on yourself nor others that easily as it is easily to go back to the cave you feel safer than on the open world.