Better Safe Than Sorry

Start from the beginning

He wasn't very amused with anything, and frankly was in a bit of a mood. But he still was rather quick to pick up his phone when it buzzed. Of course, it was Lance, but Keith had changed his contact name a couple days ago.

Loverboy 10:04 PM- Hey, look outside your window...

The cheerleader was confused for a second, getting up from his bed. He walked over to the window across from his bedroom, it was locked, so he flicked the bolt sideways. The window being lifted up caused the wind to blow against Keith's face, but it wasn't cold at all, rather refreshing.

He still had no idea what his boyfriend meant, though. Since everything in the yard looked completely normal, and his old swing set was swaying in the breeze like it always did. And the roof below his window was untouched. He texted back quickly, very curious what was happening.

Keith 10:06 PM- Um... okay? I don't see anything?

Loverboy 10:06 PM- Call me then

Keith was beyond puzzled, but he clicked on Lance's contact anyway, listening to the dial tone for a ring or two. Until he heard a phone begin to ring just outside his window, he jumped back startled.

" Lance?!" He exclaimed, seeing a silhouette that blocked the moonlight from entering the room. He picked up on the other end.

" Who were you expecting?" The quarterback's voice was very distinctive.

" Why are you on my roof this late?!" Keith talked into his phone, though the alpha was right there, and crawling in as he spoke. " Why are you on my roof at all?!"

" I missed you." Lance smiled.

" I just saw you two hours ago." The omega blushed, hanging up the phone.

" And?" The taller male shoved the phone down into his jean pocket. " Is it a crime to like you as much as I do?"

" No..." Keith felt Lance's arms wrap around his waist, and he almost shivered. He'd be lying if he were to say that he didn't already miss his alpha's touch, and warm hands running along his torso. " Because I'm happy you're here..." He smiled, and Lance tucked a strand of midnight black hair behind the boy's ear.

" Good..." His sun kissed skin seemed to glimmer in the shadowy bedroom.

Keith felt somewhat exposed, considering he was wearing rather skimpy sleep shorts, and a thin tank top. His room seemed to get really muggy at night, so those were the type of clothes he usually slept in. " I didn't realize you'd look so adorable when I started walking over here." Lance raised a flirtatious eyebrow.

" Sh-shut up... I'm not adorable." The omega felt the urge to cross his arms, but instead, he draped them behind the other's neck.

" Have you looked in a mirror before, Princess?" The alpha laughed to himself quietly. And Keith just made a small pouting face. And Lance poked his cheek, smirking as he did so. " You really are cute." He cupped his omega's face and pressed their lips into a soft kiss, much too light for Keith's liking.

The taller male broke away from the quick little contact, but the cheerleader grabbed him by the V-neck of his shirt.

" I'm not delicate, Lance. Stop treating me like it." He stood on his tip toes while giving an irritated whisper in the alpha's ear. Don't get him wrong, he did love gentle smooches every now and again, but he wasn't in the mood to be babied.

" Well what am I supposed to treat you like?" Lance leered down at Keith, who just used his grip on the shirt to pull him back in close. They both blushed an insane shade of red. And the omega didn't answer as his lips met Lance's again, it was anything but soft this time. And the alpha was surprised to say the very least, but he still kissed back. Keith was in control at first, but Lance fought him for it as their tongues tangled somewhat aggressively. The quarterback eventually won, picking his omega up, as he carried him to the bed. He laid him on the comforter, not bothering to ease him down at all, Lance just sort of let him hit the pillows.