Chapter 17

Oakpaw slowly headed to IceClan with Dawnkit and her mentor, Stripeleaf. As they crossed their own border, and entered IceClan's territory, Oakpaw began to feel strange. They had attacked IceClan once before, and it felt wrong. At least though, she knew some of her way around the territory. Oakpaw stopped, along with the other two medicine cats, seeing a weaved barrier of white rose bushes.

Probably part of their wall around their camp.

"Follow me" said Stripeleaf. They followed her until they reached an opening in the barrier, arch-like.
"This is their camp entrance. One of their guards should be here soon." As if on cue from Stripeleaf's words, a white she-cat with green eyes approached them. "Ah I see we have visitors?" Oakpaw recognized the voice as Frostpelt's, IceClan's deputy. Stripeleaf was the first to speak. "Greetings, Frostpelt. I have brought Oakpaw, and my future apprentice, Dawnkit."

Frostpelt bowed her head to show that she could guess where they were going with this. "You are here to see Cresentstar?" She questioned. Oakpaw spoke up this time. "N-No, actually. We're here to speak with Echopaw..." Frostpelt glanced at them suspiciously. "Echopaw isn't in camp at the moment, she is hunting on her own. Wait in our camp until she returns please."

It was sunhigh, and Echopaw still hadn't returned. Oakpaw glanced around and spotted Echopaw's sister, Turtlepaw. She quickly padded over to her. "U-um excuse me.. Turtlepaw?"
The tortoiseshell turned towards her. "Oh hey Oakpaw! What's wrong?"
Oakpaw hesitated, then said, "D-do you have any idea where Echopaw is?" Oakpaw watched as Turtlepaw gave her a suspicious glance, but said anyway, "Yes, actually I do. Follow me..."