Chapter 13

Echopaw couldn't help but feeling guilty. She remembered her first battle, and the tortoiseshell that she had attacked. Although it was EarthClan that attacked first, she felt it was her fault for the death of the cat called Speckletail. Echopaw should've known what was wrong with her the moment her claws touched the warriors pelt. At least her kits were safe, and she decided that when they became apprentices, she would go to visit them. She was jolted out of her thoughts by some cat biting down on her tail.
Flamestorm!
She turned towards him, but he flicked his tail, turning her attention back to the highrock. "Echopaw! Where you listening to me?" It was Leafstar. Great.  "N-no..." Leafstar rolled her eyes. "As I was saying, this apprentice was the one who attacked Speckletail, causing her death. If it wasn't for our medicine cat, her kits wouldn't have survived-" Leafstar's speech was cut off by Echopaw's voice. "Umm excuse me?! You're the one that sent your cats to battle us! It's not my fault you sent Speckletail into battle with her kits! I was defending! Plus, I'm an apprentice! You're warriors aren't strong enough to battle an apprentice? Is that what you're saying?!" And with that Echopaw left. She padded back towards her territory, and the only cats who were there were the queens and the three guards for the entrance. They looked suspiciously at her as she padded up to them. "I'm going out hunting" Echopaw said to them, as they nodded. Today she was going to explore the cave that she found. As she padded over to the ShineStones, she glanced over at the island where her clanmates were gathered.
Echopaw shook off all of the bad thoughts she carried about what could be happening, and focused instead on the cave.