Chapter 5

Flamepaw stared at his mentor as he yelled to the apprentice she-cat on the other side of the border. She was surprisingly calm though, like nothing in the world mattered to her. He could see sadness in her eyes though, and then he noticed her black fur. When he looked closer, he saw blue spots dotting her ears, tail, and muzzle.

He was the next to speak after his mentor. "Stonepelt, how about you take Plainpaw hunting..." They both snorted, and Stonepelt said " Fine." When they left, he glanced up at the smaller apprentice.

"Who are you?" she said. He stuttered. "M-my name is Flamepaw..." He felt somehow weak and underpowered just by her bluish purple gaze. "W-who are you?" He felt his paws shaking. She hesitated. "My name is E-Echopaw..."

"I'm sorry about my mentor earlier, Echopaw." She flinched when she heard her name.

Strange...

He tested her, " Echopaw..." She started looking uncomfortable. " Why do you keep doing that?" he questioned. "What do you mean?" She asked. " Well every time I mention you name you start to look uncomfortable. Why?" She stared at Flamepaw sadly. " Well, nobody really talks to me because of my fur and eye color, and everyone hangs out around my sister. I don't really have any friends..." She continued, " Also, an echo is like a repeat going on forever. I feel like that's all my life is..." She started to sob. " My sister is so much better than me....."

Warriors: Echoed by the StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara