Chapter 10

Echopaw felt the warm sensation of blood choking her, claws tearing through her pelt. She was unable to move but when she looked at who was attacking her but only saw the sun in the clear sky. Then a silhouette of another cat walked and stopped in front of the sun to the point where she couldn't see it anymore. The skies darkened and thunder surrounded her vision, followed by lightning. The figure move closer to her, this time taking it's claw and slowly tearing it through my flank. She needed to move, but she couldn't. Suddenly she felt a change in temperature and weather. When she looked again, she was on the shore next to the river. Echopaw felt liquid engulf her.

Water?

No this was thick and smelled like... Blood? This was blood?!

It filled her nose and fur, and she couldn't breath. Air..

She opened her eyes to feel someone's paws on her back. This time she could stand up, but when she moved she found herself in a den. Echopaw looked around and saw.. Turtlepaw?

Suddenly she understood. It was a dream.

She could still feel blood clinging to her pelt but she was sure the was none. "Good morning dear, Gleampaw brought you here she said something was wrong..." As Morningtrace looked at Echopaw her voice trailed off and she gasped. Of course, Echopaw was confused as ever. "GLEAMPAW COME HERE QUICK!" Morningtrace shouted, as Gleampaw rushed into the medicine den. "Oh.. it's gotten worse.." Echopaw still didn't understand. "What's going on?" she asked. "Echopaw, look at your reflection.." Gleampaw brought her to the pool of water at the center  of the den. As she looked, she gasped, seeing herself covered in blood again. "I-It was r-real?!"