Chapter 9

"Will she make it?" Gleampaw asked worriedly.  "Yes yes she'll be fine" stated Morningtrace. Echopaw and Turtlepaw were both in the medicine den, along with Gleampaw and Windstripe, although Gleampaw and Echopaw weren't hurt. "Why are you here?" Echopaw questioned her. Gleampaw shifted her paws, "Well... I was just worried..." Turtlepaw shifted in her nest and slightly opened her eyes asked "W-what's going on?" She choked. "THANK POWERCLAN YOU'RE ALRIGHT!" Gleampaw shouted, covering Turtlepaw with licks. Echopaw giggled and for a moment Gleampaw was actually thinking about wanting to be Echopaw's friend.

But what will everyone else think...

"Gleampaw? Are you alright?" Echopaw asked her. "Y-yes..." She stammered. "Alright, well I should go get some sleep for once. Goodnight guys." And with that, Echopaw left. "Soo.. what happened during the battle?" Although Gleampaw did fight, she didn't understand why Turtlepaw was so badly injured. "Well I guess I was cornered by three other apprentices and a warrior, and then Echopaw chased them off. Then she carried me to the medicine den after seeing how bad I had been injured by them... "

Gleampaw was actually impressed that Echopaw saved Turtlepaw. "It's getting late, you should go." Morningtrace interrupted her thoughts. "Alright" she said, padding out of the medicine den after saying goodbye to Turtlepaw. When she got to the apprentice den, she looked at Echopaw, and jumped at what she saw. Echopaw was bleeding covered in cuts, and had a random cut forming as if there was an indivisible cat ripping their claw through her pelt. Echopaw uncomfortably moved in her nest again, and Gleampaw hurried over to wake her, and bring her to the medicine den.

"Echopaw..."