Chapter 15

Oakpaw slowly padded into the medicine den. "Um... Hello? Stripeleaf?" Oakpaw called to the medicine cat. Ever since her sister, Speckletail, died Stripeleaf has been taking care of the kits that Speckletail left behind. Stripeleaf watched over Dawnkit the most though, because one of her back legs were crippled from birth. Moonkit on the other hand, was perfectly healthy. "Stripeleaf, I brought you a thrush," Oakpaw called again. She heard Stripeleaf sigh. "Alright, alright. Thank you." As Stripeleaf approached her, Oakpaw noticed that she looked tired, and Dawnkit dragged behind her. As Oakpaw set the trust down for them to share, she said "Stripeleaf, I need to know two things. One: What's that on Dawnkit's head, and two: Can I talk to you? I've had another dream." Stripeleaf nodded "This around Dawnkit's head is something I found near twoleg place. This is the smallest one, and she likes how it looks around her head. I kept the other ones so she can have them when she grows older." Stripeleaf said warmly. "And yes, please tell me about your dream."

"So... I saw a starry cat he called himself Hopestar. There was another cat next to me, she looked like the one that spoke out against our leader one sunrise ago. I don't think she noticed me though. Anyways, Hopestar said something strange." Oakpaw paused to take in a deep breath. "Echoes will light the river of blood. Your answers lie in the shadows of the oak.." Stripeleaf nodded her head. "I will talk with the other medicine cats. We will be making our next journey two sunrises from now." Oakpaw nodded to show that she understood. "Oh, and do you know who the other cat was? Or if I am part of this prophecy?" Stripeleaf nodded her head again. "Yes to both questions. Also, the name of that cat is Echopaw. Go talk to her, I will lead you to her Clan's camp."