I whimpered and glared at him. Before I could react he grabbed a knife he had attached on his belt and maniacally dashed at my direction.

I drown a small scream and rolled to my side avoiding the knife. I felt a fierce burning pain and managed to see the blood running down my ribs. He cut me…it felt like a stab but I knew it was just a scratch.

He smiled evilly once again and he lashed out to strike once more. I jumped on my feet and hit him hard on his stomach with my knee. Then grabbed his jaw and pushed him on the ground with all the strength I possessed, he smiled and before he could say or do anything I leaned closer and hit his head with mine causing him dizziness. He recovered incredibly quick and pushed me away making me land on my back a few feet away.

I jumped on my feet as I felt my blood boil, my pupils turned jet-black and I slowly started to change. The surprise in his eyes was easily noticeable. A fierce pain went through my body and for a moment I wished I knew to what I had changed into.

His expression switched from surprise to fear. He winked at me while smiling once more and attacked again.

“What the!” I growled. However my small remark kept me from avoiding his onset causing the knife to create one long and deep cut on my arm.

“You need better than that…” he whispered in the night air.

‘Vampire…’ my consciousness whispered in my ears. Quickly my eyes switched into a dark shade of red as I sarcastically smiled letting my beautiful sharp fangs show.

“Good one!” he answered. After every single attack of his, I found myself laying on the floor with back against it. A few hours later my clothes were dirty, my whole body was hurting and I was covered in blood and deeps cuts, bruised and exhausted.

“Enough!” he growled and ordered me to get on my feet. With a fierce move I jumped on my feet with a style they taught us in martial arts.

“What the f*ck is your problem?” I growled and returned to my normal appearance: my short of human self.

“You need to train. We should test your powers while you are in fear, taken aback, worrying. And all those stuff.” He stated.

“Sebastian you are ridiculous. And now, you sliced me up with that kind knife of yours. I am bleeding from head to toe.” Madly showed my whole body.

“Ugh whatever.” He came closer and with the palm of his hand pushed my forehead back causing me to land on the floor again.

“You’re welcome.” He winked again. I was bleeding or being in pain any more. My body was healed. But I couldn’t use any of my powers. I run out of them a couple of minutes ago.

“How did you…” I trailed off.

“Business secret.” He laughed.

“So how did I do tonight?” I stood up.

“Just the way I expected.” He smiled.

“Which means…?” I laughed.

“You did awful. You have no idea how to defend yourself, your attacks are biased and not fast enough, you change forms really slowly but the good thing is, that you get to be really scary. First change your eyes, then the rest of your body.” He offered me a kind-hearted smile.

“oh…” I said sadly.

“What time does your shift end tomorrow?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Ehm around three pm but I have to remain there because we have new books coming and I need to storage them.