Closing Time Pt. 6

"How did you get in there?" Val asks as the three run out of the elevator.

"Alfie!"

"Here's your daddy" Val hands Alfie over. He gurgles.

"That was another review. Ten out of ten" {Y/N} says.

"The Cybermen. They blew up. I blew them up with love."

"No, that's impossible. And also, grossly sentimental and over simplistic. You destroyed them because of the deeply ingrained hereditary human trait to protect one's own genes, which in turn triggered a, a, a. Yeah. Love. You blew them up with love" the Doctor says

"The building should be totally safe structurally, and of course the bonded dascylium contained the explosion" {Y/N} says.

"Right. Why you are telling me all this?" Kelly asks.

"I don't know. Shush."

"It suits you" Val says, Craig has a new shirt.

"Thanks."

"Discount applies to partners."

"Great."

"Are you two married then?" Val asks.

"No, no. We talked about it, but it's just a piece of paper, isn't it?" Craig laughs.

"Thank you for your help, Val. Good noticing. Keep them peeled" the Doctor says.

"I will. I'm glad you two made up for baby's sake."

"Ah" {Y/N} says laughing a little.

"How do you mean?"

"It's nice for baby to have two daddies who love each other."

"Wait. Hang on a sec. Two daddies? You think I'm?"

"His companion."

"Ha ha ha! Doctor? {Y/N}?"

"Oh. Now where have they rushed off to?"

"They're gone."

*Time skip*

"Who's tidied all this up?" Craig as he walks into the living room, he then walks into the kitchen.

"See? We do come back" the Doctor says.

"How did you?"

"Time machine. But even with time travel, getting glaziers on a Sunday. Tricky" {Y/N} says.

"You went back in time? That means you used up your hours. What about Exedor?" Craig asks.

"What about you being in trouble with Sophie when she comes back? We couldn't let that happen" the Doctor says.

"You used up your time for me?"

"Course we did. You're our mate. We notice Stormageddon's very quiet and happy. Oh, he prefers the name Alfie now" Alfie giggles "and he's very proud of his dad" {Y/N} says.

"He calls me dad?"

"Yes, of course, he does now. Yeah, I know. He's a bit thick, isn't he?"

"Oi, shut up, you two" Craig laughs.

"Well, now it's time. We have to go" {Y/N} says.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, I know that something's wrong. I can help you."

"Nobody can help me. I hope Sophie won't mind. I need these" {Y/N} whispers quietly picking up TARDIS-blue envelopes and putting them in her pocket without the Doctor noticing.

"Where are you going to go?"

"America," the Doctor says.

"Sophie will be home any second. Are you sure."

"We can't miss this appointment, Craig. Goodbye, mate" {Y/N} says.

"Wait there. One second" Craig returns with a Stetson and hands it to the Doctor.

"From Sean's stag."

"Wow," the Doctor says.

"You ride 'em, partner."

"Oh, thanks."

"Bye" there's a knock on the door "{Y/N}, Doctor, that will be Sophie arriv..." the two Time Lords have gone out the back. Craig answers the door.

"Hello, hello, I forgot my keys," Sophie says.

"Oh, I've missed you so much."

"I missed you, too. Both of you. Are you wearing a papoose?"

"Yes."

"Oh, my God, the place is spotless. Has anything happened? You look different" Sophie says.

"Nothing happened. Nothing weird."

"Look at you two, thick as thieves. Who's Daddy's little boy then?"

"Doctor. {Y/N}."

"What? Craig?" Sophie asks.

"Well then, old girl. One last trip, eh?" {Y/N} asks, the Doctor stands beside her, some children nearby stop playing to look at the two, {Y/N} walks over to them.

"Hey. I'm {Y/N}. I was here to help. And you are very, very welcome" {Y/N} bows slightly, the Doctor tips his hat.

"It was funny. She seemed so happy but so sad at the same time."

"I was just a kid. I thought maybe he was a cowboy on his way to a gunfight."

"I really liked his hat."

*Time skip*

River puts the eyewitness reports back into their folder and checks her diary. 22/04/11 5:02 pm Lake Silencio.

"Tick tock, goes the clock, and what now shall we play? Tick tock goes the clock, now summer's gone away."

"Hello?" River asks.

"Such a lovely old song. But is it about them?"

"You know about {Y/N} and the Doctor?"

"So very well. Oh, don't try and remember me. We've been far too thorough with your dear little head" two Silence creep up behind River.

"Oh! What are they? What are those things?" River asks.

"Your owners."

"My what?"

"So, they made you a Doctor today, did they? Doctor River Song. How clever you are. You understand what this is, don't you?"

"According to some accounts, it's the day {Y/N} and the Doctor die," River says, "both in different ways."

"By Silencio Lake, on the Plain of Sighs, an Impossible Astronaut will rise from the deep and strike the female Time Lord dead."

"It's a story."

"And this is where it begins" two soldiers enter with a NASA spacesuit "you never really escaped us, Melody Pond. We were always coming for you."

"How do you know who I am?"

"I made you what you are. The woman who kills {Y/N}."

"No! No! No!" River is injected with a sedative.

"Tick tock goes the clock, and all the years they fly. Tick tock, and all too soon, your love will surely die" River wakes up in the spacesuit, under water.

"Tick tock goes the clock, she cradle and she rocked her. Tick tock goes the clock till River kills {Y/N}."

---

~Bread 🍞