Closing Time Pt. 5

Next morning, the Doctor and {Y/N} walk out of the house.

"Safe mode. Clever us. Come along, Bitey, {Y/N}' the Doctor says.

---

Craig wakes to hear Sophie's voice leaving a message.

"So, I'll be back about ten, because Melina's totally gone off on one. She's going to kill David Jenkins. I know I'm stupid to worry. I can't wait to get home to my special boys!"

"Oh, no, no, no, no," Craig says "Doctor? {Y/N}?"

"Love you, Alfie. Love you, Craig" there is a message on the fridge door. Dear Craig. Gone to stop Cybermen. Sorry, goodbye. The Doctor & {Y/N}.

"You idiots!" Craig shouts.

---

"Morning!" Val says.

"Morning!" {Y/N} replies.

"Teleport's still fused. They didn't repair it. So, the Cyberman last night. How did it get down here, how did it get out? And why, why, am I asking you?" the Doctor asks looking at Val.

"You found the silver rat?

"But where are the silver men?"

Craig is putting Alfie into the papoose.

"I'm sorry, Alfie, I can't leave you here on your own. There's something up with the Doctor and {Y/N}, and we owe them. I wouldn't have you or Mummy if it wasn't for them. They need someone. They always need someone. They just can't admit it. I promise nothing's going to happen to you. All right, come on, here we go."

---

"Secondary teleport. No, there is no other teleport. They must have had a backup system. Something complicated, something powerful, something shielded. Something like a door? A door! A dascylium bonded steel door disguised as a wall" {Y/N} says tapping the glass a door is at the back of the cubicle in the mirror.

"That is cheating. So, it didn't teleport down, it climbed up" the Doctor says as they both walk into the tunnel it is nice and circular, with the occasional tree root poking through. At the bottom is a big cavern with the Cybership in it, they walk into the ship and both start scanning the room.

"Well, well, well. You have been busy" they both mutter.

---

"Doctor? {Y/N}?"

"Another row? They went in the changing rooms. Something about silver men" Val says.

"Oh, God, no. Val, I need you to look after Alfie for me, ok? Please look after him. The Doctor and {Y/N} need me."

"I understand. You three need time alone" Craig hands the papoose over and runs off.

"And don't follow me!"

"I wasn't intending to."

---

The Doctor and {Y/N} find George's name tag amongst the dirt on the floor.

"You have come to us."

"Took us a while. A lot on our mind. Let's see. This ship crashed here centuries ago. No survivors, but the systems are dormant, waiting for power, and then the council stick a load of new cables right on top of you. Bitey wakes up and channels the power. You start crewing up from the shop as best you can. Not enough power, not enough parts" {Y/N} says.

"When we are ready, we will emerge. We will convert this planet to Cyberform."

"What, the six of you?" the Doctor asks.