19

CHAPTER 19

PUPPET AND BIR🅱️

Angela woke up, not feeling anything but her vision was hazy. She wiped her mechanical eyes with her fingers and saw that she was in a place called 'Land of Dawn'. She went out of the vehicle and inspected it. Through her calculations, the bottom part was the only thing broken with the flight vehicle while the rest was okay. It somehow troubled her that the vehicle was quite rusted. Last time her eyes were open, it was clean but she decided to not mind that, but not the broken part.

As much as she wants to fix it, finding materials would be a hassle so she decided to find Dr. Rooney herself. She observed her surroundings and she was in a nice forest, not those dark and ominous ones. It looked like she was in the deep part of the forest but if she looks carefully, she could see a Mansion that has a huge swan statue on the north. To the south, it was some kind of an ancient place.

With her small puppet friend accompanying her, they both decided to go to the Mansion. The walk was nice until some kind of unfamiliar bird fell on her. She luckily grabbed it.

The bird opened its eyes and sighed in relief. "Thank you so much for catching me!"

Angela tilted her head as the unknown bird started to flap its wings, hovering on the air. "You're a stranger but i'll tell you my name. It's Diggie!" He smiled at her. Angela bowed because she couldn't smile due to her mouth's limit.

"I would like to smile but i can't. My name is Angela." She said. "Do you know where Dr. Rooney is?"

"Oh! Of course i do. He is very much my friend. How do you know him?" He asked.

"I do not know him personally but my creator Dr. Baker told me." She said while intensely staring at him. Diggie widened his eyes and his mouth was open.

"Dr. Baker?! The one who took part in making an artificial human project in 1851??"

Angela nodded and was slightly confused to why he was shocked.

"Wow! I never thought i'd meet Dr. Baker's creation!!" He was all happy but his mood changed.

"Wait, if you're his creation, then does this mean he is alive?" Confusion masking all over his face.

"Yes he is."

He was more confused than before.

"But it was said that his corpse was found in 1901. In the books, it was said that he was tortured to death."

Angela couldn't explain her emotions right now. Then she realized why the vehicle was rusted.

"Diggie, what year is it?"

"Well it is—"

"—2069."

A/N---

Oooooooo, i'll make Angela as the main character for now. Btw, i dont know the exact year of everything that has happend so far. I just randomly made this up