•Chapter 25: The Night We Met•

Start writing your story

(Y/N)'s POV

I finished making the breakfast and began cleaning up all the dishes I used up. As I'm scrubbing the pancake pan clean I think back to the dream I had last night of Dakota when we went to that party all those years ago, I wish none of it would've happened. I put the pan on the counter and begin cleaning the bowl I used for pancake mix and began zoning out which brought me back to thinking of the day I found out I was pregnant with Dakota's baby.

It was a nice day out, the sun shining upon everything, the baby blue sky above as the sound of kids playing and birds chirping went through your ears, it was like music. Back then it didn't sound like music because I had been sick the past few weeks with a killer headache, I remember I hadn't told anyone about the incident except for my best friend Gabbie. I called her and asked her to come over because I just didn't understand why I was feeling this way.

"Hey, why'd you ask me to come-oh my god you look awful are you ok?" she asked, finally catching a glimpse of my face.

"Pfft, no I've been sick the past few weeks and I keep throwing up so I wanted to know if maybe you could help me find out why," I explained.

Gabbie hesitated before speaking again, " well, (Y/N), do you happen to know if he used a condom when he, y'know?" she rubbed the back of her neck and looked away.

"Oh for fucks sake, you don't think-"

"It could be a possibility, you would much rather be safe than sorry, yeah?" she shrugged.

"Well if I'm gonna get one I want you to be with me, I don't think I could handle finding out all on my own," I felt my eyes begin to sting.

"Duh, that's what best friends are for, yeah? Hey don't cry beautiful I'll be with you every step of the way," she said, holding out her pinky.

I hooked my pinky with hers and smiled, "thank you."

I got ready by throwing on a sweatshirt and sweatpants along with my vans, Gabbie grabbed the keys to her car and we headed on our way. We parked in the Walmart parking lot and sat there for a second.

"You ready?" she asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be I suppose," I answered.

We got out of the car and made our way in and headed straight to the medicine aisles to find the pregnancy tests. When we finally got there we got some stares but shrugged them off since they were our last worries at the moment. We decided to get the first response ones and left to purchase them, after the worker gave us a weird look she took our money and we were on our way.

Gabbie practically sped the whole way back to my house, we quickly hopped out of the car and headed to my bathroom. I quickly turned the box to read the instructions out loud so I wasn't as nervous.

"1. Test as early as 6 days before the day the day of your missed period.

2. Put the tip of the test in the urine stream for 5 seconds.

3. Wait three minutes? Jeez why so long? I guess here goes nothing," I gulped a little and did my thing.

I flipped the test over as Gabbie began a timer for three minutes, we both sat nervously on the floor gripping each other's hands as if we'd lose each other. Gabbie began cracking jokes to lighten the mood.

"What do sprinters eat before a race?" she asked out of the blue.

"I'm not sure, please enlighten me," I cracked a smile.

"Nothing, the Fast," she answered.

We looked at each other for a few seconds and burst into giggles.

"Ok, ok, what bear is the most condescending?" I ask.

"Hmm, which one," She answered.

"A Pan-duh," I giggle out.

Gabbie giggles along, and we seem to both visibly relax until the timer startles us. Gabbie quickly turns it off and gives my hand a quick squeeze.

"Lets do this babe," she smiled.

I took a deep breath,I flipped it over only to see two lines. Positive. My hands made their way to my face as I gently fell to my knees and began sobbing, Gabbie quickly hugged me and tried to calm me down.

"Hey, hey you're ok, look at me hun, you're ok," she gently rubbed my back.

I continued to sob into her shoulder until I sat silent and shaking. This can't be happening, I'm only eighteen!

"Hey, how about we get you calmed down and then call and see if we can't meet with your doctor tomorrow?" she suggested.

I gently shook my head and she helped me up, Gabbie grabbed the test and we headed to my room. She set me on my bed and wrapped my favorite blanket around me, she then turned on my TV and turned Netflix on.

Gabbie then turned on Breaking Bad and headed out of my room, from what I could hear she went down stairs. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, my breathing heavy, I instantly recognized that I was beginning to have a panic attack. I began taking deep breaths hoping to get my breathing to slow down.

Gabbie came back in with a bunch of snacks and we began eating and binge watching breaking Bad until we passed out.

When we woke up I took a shower and got dressed in clean clothes, I gave Gabbie my doctors number. When I came back into my room she was still on the phone with them.

"Ok, sounds good. Thank you! Bye-bye," she hung up and looked at me with a soft smile.

"So, what'd they say?" I asked, rocking back and forth on my feet.

" They said they would see us this afternoon at two forty-five," she smiled.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed and tackled her into a hug.

"No problem love but we should get going. It's already one thirty-two," she stood up.

"Ok," I smiled and gave her my hand.

___________________________

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Now that I'm officially graduated I will have more time to update some stories. Love you guys! <3