Closing Time Pt. 2

The Doctor is demonstrating a remote-control helicopter to a group of children, {Y/N} stands close by.

"Vroom, it goes up-tiddly-up, it goes down-diddly-down for only forty-nine ninety-nine, which I personally think is a bit steep, but then again it's your parents' cash and they'll only waste it on boring stuff like lamps and vegetables. Yawn!" the Doctor says.

"Yeah, Soph. Just enjoy your holiday. Yeah, coping" Craig says.

"Nobody panic, but I appear to be losing control" the Doctor mutters, the helicopter crashes near Craig.

"Yeah, love you."

"Oopsy-daisy. Guys, guys, ladies and gentlemen" {Y/N} kneels on the ground the Doctor also kneels down as the kids surround them "while we deal with this awkward moment, you go and find your parents slash guardians. Try in lamps" {Y/N} and the Doctor high-five some kids "Craig!" {Y/N} says.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Craig asks.

"I'm the Doctor and that's {Y/N}. We work in a shop now. Here to help. Look, they gave us badges with our names on them in case we forget who we are. Very thoughtful, as that does happen" the Doctor says.

"But you were both leaving. The Alignment of Exeter, what about that? One chance to see it, you said."

"Well, we were on our way, you know. Saw a shop, got a job. You got to live in the moment. Craig, mind Yappy" the Doctor says.

"What?"

"Yappy. The robot dog. Not so much fun as we remember. You look awful" {Y/N} says, the Doctor takes Yappy from {Y/N} and starts patting it.

"I haven't slept, have I? I still can't stop him crying. I even tried singing to him last night."

'Yeah, he did mention that he thought you were crying, too. He didn't get a wink" {Y/N} says.

"Yappy, say goodbye to Craig and Stormageddon. Goodbye, Craig. Goodbye, Stormageddon" the Doctor, waves Yappy around, {Y/N} and the Doctor walk off, as the Doctor puts down the little robot dog, something whizzes past the end of the aisle.

"What was that?" {Y/N} asks.

"You're both here for a reason, aren't you? You noticed something, and you're investigating it. And because it's you two, it's going to be dangerous and alien" Craig says.

"Might not be" the Doctor says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}, I live here. I need to know" Craig says.

"No, you don't" the Doctor replies.

"My baby lives here. My son."

"Sheila Clark went missing Tuesday. Atif Ghosh last seen Friday. Tom Luker last seen Sunday" {Y/N} says.

"Why's none of this on the front page?"

"Oh, page one has an exclusive on Nina, a local girl who got kicked off Britain's Got Talent. These people are on pages seven, nineteen, twenty-two. Because no one's noticed yet. They're far too excited about Nina's emotional journey, which in fairness, is quite inspiring" the Doctor says, as {Y/N} wheels Alfie's buggy, while Craig reads the newspaper.

"And what else?"

"These funny old power fluctuations which just happen to coincide with the disappearances" {Y/N} says.

"That's just the council putting in new cables, isn't it?" Craig asks as they stop at an Out Of Order lift.

"Oh yes, that's it. Mystery solved. Wasting our time" the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver "now, you can go home and we can go to Exedor. Goodbye. And here's the lift."

"It says it's out of order," Craig says.

"Not anymore. See? Here to help" {Y/N} says.

"It says danger."

"Oh, rubbish! Lifts aren't dangerous" the Doctor says.

"Do I look like I'm stupid?" Alfie makes a comment in baby. The Doctor and {Y/N} laugh.

"Quiet, Stormy. Oh, all right. There's more" {Y/N} says, as her and the Doctor walk into the lift.

"Just between us four, don't want to frighten me, punters. Someone's been using a teleport relay right here in this shop. Missing people last seen in this area. Before you ask, CCTV's been wiped" the Doctor says.

"A teleport? A teleport? A teleport like a beam me up teleport like you see in Star Trek?"

"Exactly. Someone's been using a beam me up Star Trek teleport. Could be disguised as anything" {Y/N} says.

"But a teleport in a shop? That's ridiculous" the lights flicker "what was that? Was that the lights again?"

"Yes, that's it. That's all. It's the lights" the Doctor says in a high-pitched voice.

"Why did you say that like that?" Craig asks.

"Like what?"

"Like that, in that high-pitched voice."

"Just keep looking at me, Craig. Right at me. Just keep looking" {Y/N} says.

"Why?"

"Well... because, because, because I love you" she says.

"You love me?"

"Yes, Craig. It's you. It's always been you."

"Me?"

"Is that so surprising?" {Y/N} puts her arms around Craig's neck and uses the sonic screwdriver on whatever is behind him.

"{Y/N}, are you going to kiss me?"

"Yes, Craig. Yes, I am. Would you like that? Bit out of practice, but I've had some wonderful feedback."

"{Y/N}, no. I can't. I'm taken" Craig looks behind him.

"Oh, my God!"

"Or we could just hold hands if it makes you'd feel more comfortable!" a Cyberman notices them.

"What is happening?"

"Well, first of all, I don't really love you, except as a friend!" {Y/N} says.

"What is that?!" the Doctor and {Y/N} point their sonic screwdrivers at the Cyberman, Craig starts screaming.

"Quick reverse," the Doctor says.

"What the hell just happened?!" the elevator dings and they all walk out.

"They must have linked the teleport relay to the lift, but we've fused it. They can't use that again. Stuck up there on their spaceship" the Doctor says.
"What were those things?"

"Cybermen" {Y/N} replies.

"Ship. A spaceship. We were in space?"

*Time skip*

It's now night and the Doctor, Craig, {Y/N} and Alfie are outside.

"It's got to be up there somewhere. Can't get a fix. It must be shielded" the Doctor says.

"But you both fused the teleport. You sorted it. They can't come back."

"No, no, no, we've just bought ourselves a little time. Still got to work out what they're doing before we can stop it" {Y/N} says.

"But if they've got the teleport and they're that evil, why haven't they invaded already?" Craig asks.

"Craig, take Alfie and go" {Y/N} says.

"No."

"No?"

"No. I remember from last time, people got killed. People that didn't know you. I know where it's safest for me and Alfie, and that's right next to you both."

"Is that so?" the Doctor asks.

"Yeah. You two always win. You always survive."

"Those were the days" {Y/N} says.

"I can help you both. I'm staying."

"Craig. Craig. All right. All right, maybe those days aren't quite over yet" {Y/N} says.

"Let's go and investigate. I mean, there's no immediate danger now" the Doctor says.

---

~Bread 🍞