The God Complex Pt. 3

"Bring me death! Bring me glory! My master, my lord, I'm here! Come to me. I'm waiting here for you. He has promised me a glorious death. Give it to me now. I want him to know my devotion" Howie says, Rory is armed with a mop and stands outside a door, Amy and Rita run into a room and lean against the door, they spot a sad clown, sitting on the bed.

"Anything to do with you?" Rita asks Amy, who shakes her head "how's it going?"

"Don't talk to the clown" something with hooves stomps past the door, its horns scraping on the ceiling, and into the Spa room where the Doctor and {Y/N} where waiting.

"Praise him. Praise him" Amy gets a baton of wood. Rita shuts the Spa doors and Amy jams the wood through the handles.

"Rory, he's in!" he uses the mop to jam the other door. {Y/N} and the Doctor turn out the lights.

"Let his name be the last thing I hear. Let his breath on my skin be the last thing I feel. I was lost in shadows, but he found me. His love was a beacon that led me from darkness to light, and now I am blinded by his majesty. Humbled by his glory! Praise..."

"That's quite enough of that," the Doctor says.

"...Him" the Doctor pulls out the wires.

"Nothing personal. We just think we should take things slowly. Get to know each other. You take people's most primal fears and pop it in a room. A tailor-made hell, just for them. Why?" {Y/N} asks, the Minotaur answers in snarls.

"Did you say they take? Ah, what is that word? The guard? No, the warden? This is a prison" the Doctor says.

"So. what are we, cellmates? Lunch? We are not... ripe" {Y/N} says "that's what Joe said, that we weren't ready. So, what, what, you make us... ready. You what? Replace? Replace what, fear? You have lived... so long even your name is lost. You want this to stop. Because you are... just instinct. Then tell me. Tell me how to fight you."

"My master, my lord. I'm here! Oh, bring me death."

"No, no, no, no, no! Rory, watch out!" the Doctor shouts, Amy and Rita burst in "stay back!" the Minotaur smashes a glass door and knocks Rory down.

"Pond, bring the fish" {Y/N} says as she and the Doctor run to Rory.

"What, the fish? Oh, the fish."

"Where'd he go?" the Doctor asks.

"Somebody hit me. Was it Amy?" the Doctor and {Y/N} give chase and find Howie's broken glasses, they soon find Howie's body and {Y/N} returns his glasses, Amy, Rory and Rita stop at one end and the Doctor shakes his Gibbis approaches from the opposite direction.

"He got free. He overpowered me" the Doctor and {Y/N} look at him before walking towards Amy. Rory and Rita "It might leave us alone now. Maybe now we'll be safe. Wait!" he runs to catch up with them.

*Time skip*

Howie's photograph is on the wall, Rory, the Doctor and {Y/N} stand in front of it.

"Have you found your room yet?" {Y/N} asks looking at Rory.

"No. No. Is that good or bad?"

"Maybe you're not scared of anything," the Doctor says.

"Well, after all the time I spent with you two in the TARDIS, what was left to be scared of?"

"You said that in the past tense" {Y/N} says.

"No, I didn't" {Y/N} and the Doctor walk away from the picture "you know, Howie had been in speech therapy. He'd just got over this massive stammer. What an achievement. I mean, can you imagine? I'd forgotten not all victories are about saving the universe" the Doctor and {Y/N} smile slightly. Howie has been placed next to Joe, Amy puts the goldfish bowl from the Spa on a side table in Reception.