The God Complex Pt. 1

The TARDIS has parked herself on the first-floor landing of a staircase which winds its way up the floors in a tight set of flights.

"Let's go to Ravan-Skala, they say. The people are six hundred feet tall. You have to talk to them in hot air balloons and the Tourist Information Centre is made of one of their hats, they say. I'm sorry, but I don't see any huge hats" Amy says.

"Amy, Beaky, this could be the most exciting thing we have ever seen" {Y/N} says.

"You're kidding" Rory replies.

"How can you both be excited about a rubbish hotel on a rubbish bit of Earth?" Amy asks.

"Because, assembled Ponds, this is not Earth. This has just been made to look like Earth. The craftsmanship involved. Can you imagine?" the Doctor says.

"What? Then, where are we?" Amy asks.

"We don't know. Something must have yanked us off course. Look at the detail on that cheese plant!" the Doctor sniffs the plant.

"Right, but who would mock up an Earth hotel?" Rory asks, {Y/N} finds an apple in a large bowl.

"Colonists maybe, recreating a bit of home, like when ex-pats open English pubs in Majorca. No, whoever did this, we are shaking his/her hand/ tentacle" {Y/N} says with a bit of apple in her mouth.

"Have you seen these? Look at the labels underneath" Rory says as he looks at sets of photographs on the wall.

"Commander Halke, defeat" Rory reads, the picture is of a Sontaran "Tim Heath, having his photo taken. Lady Silvertear, Daleks."

"Paige Barnes, other people's socks. Tim Nelson, balloons. Novice Prynne, sabrewolves. Royston Luke Gold, Plymouth? Lucy Hayward, that brutal gorilla. Doctor, {Y/N}, what does it mean?" Amy asks as the two Time Lords look at the pictures as well.

"We don't know. Let's find out" the Doctor says, he turns and rings the bell on the desk and three people appear, two of them brandishing objects as weapons, the third waving a white flag.

"Whoa!" Rory says.

"Blimey, that was a bit quick" {Y/N} says.

"We surrender" a grey alien with slightly rodent front teeth and no hair is waving the flag.

"No, it's ok, we're not," Roy says.

"We surrender."

"We're nice" Rory continues.

"She's threatening us with a chair leg," the Doctor says as a woman dressed in hospital scrubs is holding a chair leg out.

"Who are you?" she asks.

"Oh god, we're back in reception," the teenager says.

"We surrender."

"We've never been threatened with a chair leg before. No, hang on, I tell a lie" {Y/N} says.

"Did you just say, it's ok, we're nice?" Amy asks looking at Rory.

"Ok, I need everyone to shut up, now."

"Rita, be careful, yeah?"

"Their pupils are dilated. They're as surprised as we are. Besides which, if it's a trick, it'll tell us something" Rita says.

"Oh, you're good. Oh, she's good. Amy, with regret, you're fired" the Doctor says.

"What?"

"I'm kidding," the Doctor says he turns back to Rita and makes a phone sign and he mouths "we'll talk."

"I take it from the pathological compulsion to surrender, you're from Tivoli" {Y/N} says to the alien with the flag.

"Yes. The most invaded planet in the galaxy. Our anthem is called Glory To Insert Name Here."