Chapter Thirty-Six: Riley Friar

Lucas just put Emilia to bed and I'm sitting on the couch, my hands covering my face. Maya is still in the hospital staying the night. The doctors said she will be able to go home tomorrow, so Uncle Josh is staying with her. Lucas wraps his muscular arms around me and kisses my temple. His phone buzzes from a text message.

"It's Josh." He says lightly. I snatch his phone from his hands to read the text.

Josh Matthews: "Before u and Riley came into the room with everybody the doctor told Maya and I that there was an option to not go through this: abortion. We both disagreed. We're not doing abortion. We're having this baby. We both think that Maya and the baby will survive this."

I feel more relaxed as I give the phone back to Lucas. If they would've done abortion, I would probably understand but I would be angry and would've thought Maya was selfish. But I'm really happy that she's going to be okay.

"Now there's nothing to worry about. She's going to be okay and so is the baby." Lucas says. He kisses my neck and sucks on it just a little. I moan. "Quiet, Riley. I just put Emmy to bed." I smile. He turns me over so that he's hovering over me. My heart is beating extremely fast. He kisses my neck a bit more and tears off my shirt. I tear off his shirt and he leaves trails of kisses all over my flat stomach.

"Would it be possible if we try to make one?" I ask. He looks at me, knowing what I mean. He smiles and nods.

"It would be." He says. He lifts me up and carries me to the bedroom.

...
"That was fun." I say. He's still hovered over me, but out of me and we're both breathing heavily.

"It was." He agrees. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.
"I love you forever." I say. He nods.

"I love you forever and always." He says.

"What do we do now?" I ask. He shrugs. We heard the sound of crying.

"That's our cue." I say. We both get up and put on our clothes. Once we get our clothes on, Lucas kisses my forehead.

"I got her, princess." He says. I shake my head and grab his arm.

"It's fine. You always get her. It's my turn." I say. He nods and lays down. I go to Emilia's nursery across the hall and pick her up. "What's the matter, baby girl?" I smell her butt to see if she needs a diaper change. She doesn't. I put her soother in her mouth, but she doesn't stop crying. She spits it out. I bring her to the kitchen and get her her bottle. I warm it up and give it to her. She giggles and her big brown eyes shine as she grabs the bottle.

"Mumma." She says. I gasp.

"LUCAS! DID YOU HEAR THAT?" I holler. Emilia is still drinking from her bottle. He runs into the room.

"Yes, I did!" He says. He picks up Emilia, but she starts crying again.

"Mumma!" She screams. He laughs lightly and passes her over to me. I smile and take her. I lay her in my arms, feeding her her bottle and sit on the rocking chair in her nursery.

"You know, if she's this attached to her mama, I'm wondering how she's gonna react if we have another baby." He says. I laugh.

"Probably not good." I say. He laughs.