Chapter Eighteen: Maya Hunter

"What are we supposed to do?" I ask, squeezing Josh's hand in panic.

"I don't know, she's not supposed to have the baby for a few more weeks! I haven't even figured out a birth plan!"

"Call nine one one!" Riley screams.

I let go of Josh's hand and grab my cell out of my pocket. Josh grabs my phone, dialing 911.

Lucas is holding Riley's hand

"Nine one one, what's your emergency?" he has the phone on speaker.

"Hi, my niece Riley Matthews is in labour and there are two people that kidnapped Riley and I but we got them. One female and one male. Charlie Gardner and Missy Bradford. They're passed out, but please send the police and an ambulance!" I scream into the phone.

"We will send an ambulance and the police."

"Thank you." he says. Josh runs to Riley who is having a hard time getting up. He sits her down, holding her hand.

"You sure it's not braxton hicks?" Lucas asks.

"I already had that a couple weeks ago. Wait, how do you know that?" Riley asks in between breaths.

"I read about it," Lucas says and shrugs. I raise my eyebrows. Ranger Rick isn't even the father and yet he cares more than Farkle. You'd think it would be the other way around.

"I'm as strong as a horse, Josh. I've got this." Lucas says when Josh is trying to help hold Riley's other hand.

"Alright. If you drop her, you're dead." Josh says. Ranger Rick nods.

Josh wraps an arm around my waist, guiding me downstairs. We are waiting by the door for the ambulance. Farkle comes downstairs with Smackle, waiting by the door with us.

"I hope you're happy about this," I say to him sarcastically.

"Happy about what?" Josh asks, dubious.

"Happy that he got Riley pregnant and that she's in the worst pain of her entire life." Smackle says, answering for me.

"Trust me, I'm thrilled." Farkle says sarcastically.
"And for the millionth time, it was an accident." Josh and I snort.

"Accident?" Josh asks.

"Shut up, man!" Farkle says. Josh rolls his eyes and is about to punch Farkle but I hold his fists and force him to back up.

"You guys should just be thankful that a beautiful child is coming into our lives. This child is going to be a gift and loved by all of us." Smackle says. I nod in agreement. She's right. She's always right and it's annoying.

I hear alarm sounds and Ranger Rick is carrying Riley down the steps. Two paramedics come in with a stretcher. And two cops come running through.

"Where are they?" One of them asks.

"Upstairs in the room on your right." Josh replies. They nod and walk upstairs. Two other paramedics come in, carrying a stretcher.

"We're here for the girl who is in labor." One of them say.

"Right here." Ranger Rick says.

He places Riley on the stretcher and they tie her up on there. Riley looks at Ranger Rick with tears in her big brown eyes.

"Don't leave me." She tells him.

I take a glance at him. He looks hurt. It honestly hurts me as well seeing her like this.

"I won't. I'll be with you every step of the way." He says.

He kisses her forehead and we rush out, Lucas getting in the back of the ambulance, tossing Josh his keys. Josh climbs into the driver's seat of the SUV, Farkle and Smackle head in the backseat, and I sit in shotgun.

We follow the ambulance to the hospital.

                                         •🧩•

It has been fourteen hours since Riley has been in labor. Riley is in her private labour room with her mom soothing her every time she goes through a contraction, and me standing in an empty corner not knowing what to do. Everyone else are all waiting in the waiting room. The doctor calls me in right when I go to the waiting room to see Josh and I leave Josh in the waiting room.

"Maya?" Riley says. Crap.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Please s-stand b-beside my bedside. I need my best friend." She says.

I walk over to her.

"Auugghh!" She screams. They gave her an epidural, but it doesn't seem like it's working because she can still feel the pain. Mrs. Matthews is wiping her face with a washcloth. The doctor comes in. She checks Riley's area and nods.

"Alright. Looks like you are ready to move to the delivery room." She says. Riley winces.

"R-Really?" Riley asks. The doctor nods.

"You are ten centimetres dilated," She says. "You are about to have a beautiful child coming your way." She unhooks Riley's bed and we all follow them both to the delivery room.

                                            •🧩•

"Come on! Riley push!" Ranger Rick screams. Honestly, this is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.

"AUGGGGHHHHH! MOM, THIS HURTS SO BAD!" Riley screams.

"I know honey. I know." Mrs. Matthews says. Finally, the baby popped out, screaming. That's really horrifying... And bloody. Her vajayjay really must hurt.

"It's a girl!" The doctor says.

"Well, what a surprise!" Mrs. Matthews says. Right. Riley wasn't able to tell her because she was kidnapped. Only Farkle and I knew.

The doctor cuts the cord and washes the baby. The doctor wraps a pink blanket around her and gives Riley my new niece. Riley smiles at her.

"Hi." She says to the baby. "Hi, baby girl. I'm your mommy."

"So, Riles?" I ask.

"Yeah?" She asks.

"What're you gonna name her?" I ask. Riley glances at the baby for a few moments.

"Emilia. Emilia Hope Matthews." She says.