Chapter Thirty-One: Joshua Matthews

6 months later...

I wake up and turn to look at Maya. But she's not here. I see a note on the nightstand:

"Roses are red. Violets are blue. No one has ever loved anyone as much as I love you. Happy birthday, my sexy cupid husband. Meet me at your brother's house in Riley's room at 11 o'clock sharp. I know you'll want this surprise as much as I want it."

I smile and look at the clock. It's 10:45! Holy crap! I quickly slide on my jeans and put on a red sweater. I grab my keys and head to Cory's house. I walk through the door. No one's around. Is Cory, Auggie and Topanga even awake yet? I all of the sudden see nothing and I feel a hand grab mine. A soft but familiar hand.

"Maya?" I ask.

"Yes?" She asks.

"What's going on? Why do I have a blindfold on me?" I ask.

"Do you trust me?" She asks.

"With my life." I reply. She places something wooden in my hand. A baseball bat maybe?

"Hold this." She says.

She grabs my arm and we slowly walk to Riley's bedroom. She places me in a certain spot.

"Okay. I want you to try and wack the piñata in the air." She says.

"Okay?" I hit it first and I don't hear any candy drop to the ground. "Did I get it?" Maya takes off my blindfold.

"Look down." She whispers in my ear. I look down and I see a baby bottle, a pregnancy test and an ultrasound photo, and the piñata. I pick up the ultrasound photo and feel my eyes watery.

"Are we pregnant?" I ask. She nods with a big smile.

I grab her by the waist and spin her around as she giggles. I am so happy! Cory storms in.

"Maya? Josh? What are you guys doing here?" He asks. "You two do realize that Riley and Lucas live on their own, now, right?"

"Cory, Maya and I are pregnant." Josh says.

Cory smiles big.

"I'm finally gonna be an uncle! Topanga!" He screams, running down the hall. Maya and I laugh.

"Maya, why did you do this here? Why couldn't you do it at our place?" I ask. She smiles.

"Because this is where our first kiss was. Remember?" She replies. A memory flashes through my head:

Flashback to 3 years ago:

"Josh, when is our someday gonna be? I've waited two years and I'm tired and I'm getting old here." Maya says. Riley just left the room with Lucas to go to a movie and we're standing in the middle of her room.

"Look, Maya, you know no one's in control of this. Someday is someday. It's whenever one of us decide to kiss each other." I say. I feel her lips on mine and I'm speechless. She lets go, waiting for a response. She looks scared. I kiss her back.

Present day:

"Yeah I do." I say.

"Then that's when I tell you this." She says and wraps her arms around my neck. "There was never a day more important to me than sharing our first kiss or getting married. To me, this was a great place to tell you. Because this is as important as both of those days. And I have a feeling that this pregnancy is gonna work out." I grab her by the waist and kiss her.

"I love you so much." I say. She looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"I love you more." She says. I shake my head.

"Not possible." I say. She laughs and places her head on my chest.