Chapter 8

Chapter 8 (Kanya POV)
"Kennnnnnnnny come here" i whines as he got up from off my bed. "Hold on Ight princess" he said as he went into the restroom. I know what you are thinking no me and Kenneth did not have sex we actually just woke up from a nap. I was in my bedroom waiting for him to come back. My name is Kanya Alves. I am about 5'5 or 5'6. I'm European mixed. I came from Massachusetts and moved out to Georgia when I️ was 10 years old. I just came out of depression about a year ago and i see a therapist every Thursday to see how i am holding up. My mom and dad argue a lot over dumb stuff and my brother ran away from here a couple months ago and never came back. My mom doesn't speak to me and when she does it's if she needs something. My dad he talks to me but he is always drunk so it doesn't feel real. I don't show my emotions though it's not worth it life goes on and i continue to smile. Me and Kenneth (Kenny) have been together since 9th grade. He is my best friend and always keeps me happy when I'm going through it. I was sitting on my bed waiting for Kenny when i got a text message from Jennifer.
Jennifer- "Aye we at Grady hospital for Wynter and we waiting for her you should come pull through it's only if you want to lemme know." I grabbed my shoes and put them on. Of course I'm going Wynter is one of my friends. I put my hair into a messy bun on top of my head and grabbed a jacket. "Where you goin girl?" Kenny ask jumping back on my bed getting comfortable. "Uh no sir get up we goin to the hospital to see Wynter." I told him as pulling him up at the same time. "She got shot during the shooting!?" Kenny asked shocked. "Yeah she was with Lamar is all i know." I said while shrugging. Kenny rolls his eyes as the name Lamar rolled of my tongue and into his ears. "Why don't you like him?" I asked Kenny. "He think he run the school and he just got here he just be doin too much." Kenny responded. Not really a reason but ok i didn't feel like arguing. Kenny put his shoes and we both headed to my truck. Blasting H.E.R-Focus all the way to the hospital. We pulled up and walked in. The hospital smells weird to me i hate it. The hospital just brings bad vibes and i don't like it at all. We walked to the waiting area and saw everybody there. "Hey Kanya" Jennifer said waving at me. I waved back. I saw Randall and waved as Kenny dapped him up. I scanned the chairs and saw Lamar. Eyes are low and red like. I walked over to him. "Are you ok?" I asked. He looked up then looked right back down. I took that into to notice and walked away and sat next to Kenny.
Jennifer POV
I was sitting next to Randall praying that Wynter was ok and hoping that she is stable. I was so nervous i really don't want to loose her she is cool peoples and deserve better. Ha don't we all? I ran my fingers through my sandy brown hair and played with the ends. We been here for half an hour. I started bitting my nails because I'm getting nervous. "Family of Wynter Jones" the doctor yelled out. I️ looked around and realized none of her family is here... the hospital contacted them and everything. We all stood up as the doctor said that. "You all are family of Wynter Jones?" The doctor asked suspiciously. "Yes problem?" Lamar said with an attitude. "I'm sorry we all had a rough day but yes that's one of our family members in one of your rooms" i responded. "Oh ok well we just got Wynter stable your friend here is very lucky she got shot in the shoulder she lost a lot of blood but we found some body with her blood type and now she is stable she just needs surgery and she will be out of here by tomorrow now if you will follow me." The doctor said with a smile. We all did as we were told and walked into her room.
Wynter POV
Why do i have to go back. As i was still at the entering of the white light. "You are needed down there Wynter everybody down there is praying you are ok." Said somebody. "Who was that!?" I asked looking around. "Your brother." He said. "Why can't i enter Elijah?" I asked him. "Your friends have been waiting for hours to check if you are ok Wynter you are important to them if you left apart of them wouldn't even be the same." Elijah said. Every word the came out of his mouth sat in my mind for a lil minute. He was right. "You are right" i said. "I'm always right now wake up and go live life to the fullest remember I'm always watching over you." He said fading faway into the white light. Then i did the same. My spirit went back into my formal body that's on the cold hospital bed right now. I opened my eyes and saw everybody that i met there. Even some people who i don't know. "Wynteeeeeeeeer!" They all dragged my name and came over and hugged me. I sat up against the wall and my heart was beating fast as it could. People here who actually care about me. We all talked and they all took a seat. These 2 random boys walked over to my bed. "I know you don't know me but I'm Randall Jennifer's boy friend." He said i waved and said hello back. I looked at the other one. I remember his face that's Kenny. "Hey Wynter In Kanya boyfriend as you know i hope ya feel better." He said with a smile. "Thank you" i responded. As they sat down around the room I️ looked up and saw Lamar.
Lamar POV
We made direct eye contact. Our feelings attracting each other but still standing still. I walked over to her and hugged her. My head buried in her chest hearing her heart beat. "I'm so sorry i didn't mean to put any of this upon you at all I'm so sorry wyn-" she interrupted me. "Hey it's ok alright. Everything happens for a reason Lamar and it's all going to get better." She said. I looked up and saw that smile on her face showing off her chin dimples. I grabbed her face and started kissing her. I grabbed a hold to her hand while crashing me lips into hers. Lips so soft felt like i was kissing silk. I pulled away while hitting her bottom lip and letting it pop back. "EWWWW GET A ROOM" Jennifer yelled out. Me and Wynter flicked her off and every body started laughing. I pecked Wynters lips again. I have to make it up to her about this. "This weekend I'm going to take you out shopping and take you to eat. Imma just make it up to you i promise." I️ Said. "Is that a date?" She asked bitting her bottom lip. I came close to her ear and whispered "you'll see" and sucked on her bottom ear lobe. We all chilled in the room until they all had to leave. "Bye Jennifer, Jakobe, Kanya, and Kenny thank y'all so much make sure you text me jenn and Kanya" Wynter said to them. They hugged then left. I got into the bed with Wynter and we both drifted off to sleep.