Part 12

The cop tapped the window, watching Jack with a concerned expression. Jack sighed softly, shrinking off Mark's lap to sit back into his seat. Mark straightened up in his seat to roll down the window, asking innocently. "Hello officer, is something wrong"? The cop examined the vehicle closely, before answering. "Is everything alright here"? Mark gave the officer a bright smile, stating out calmly. "Ya. We were just rough housing a bit. Nothing to worry about". The officer leaned down a bit to take a look at Jack and Jack averted his eyes. His emotions were so scattered. He was feeling mostly ashamed right now. He shouldn't have lost it like he did. He was sure that the cop thought the worst of him. 

The officer straightened by up, asking Mark. "Do you want some help with your flat"? Mark unbuckled his seat belt, telling the officer happily. "Ya, sure". The officer moved away from the window and Mark quickly patted Jack's thigh. Jack looked up at him with watery eyes as Mark told him sweetly. "Stay here. I'll be back". Mark slipped from the car, leaving Jack to curl into his seat. He was starting to feel sick again. Suffering from that strange sensation between having an upset stomach and wanting to eat. He couldn't even focus enough to remember the last time he ate. Resting his head against the seat, Jack started to feel warm. He didn't know how long it would take to change a tire. So, he just let himself drift off.

When Mark returned into the car, Jack jerked his head up. Mark reached out to run his fingers through Jack's static risen bangs, leaning closer to sweetly say. "You ok? You know I was just pulling your leg before, right"? Jack couldn't keep his eyes open. Mark's hand was so much warmer than he was. Scooting closer, Jack wrapped his arms around Mark to snuggle against his warm chest. He just wanted this day to be over with. Mark massaged the back of Jack's neck in silence. It was helping him drift back off, when Jack hiccupped. Jack could hear Mark's throaty chuckle and tried to ignore it. He couldn't stop them. He was hungry. Mark patted his back, pulling away as he casually said. "Let's get you home".

Back at the house, Jack laid back between Mark's strong legs on the couch watching a movie. Snuggling under the blanket, Jack took a handful of popcorn from Mark's bowl. It was just a snack while they waited for pizza to arrive. Jack ate the pieces of popcorn, before gaining the courage to ask Mark. "Mark? If I am pregnant... What does this mean for us"? Jack shifted to watch Mark's expression closely. Mark's focus was entirely on the TV, when he answered distractedly. "I don't know. I wouldn't worry, Jack. You're not pregnant. It's just not physically possible". Jack's heart deflated. That isn't what he was hoping to hear. Mark leaned off the couch a bit to grab his drink, saying bluntly. "Out of all the times we've had sex, why would you suddenly get pregnant? It's just-". Mark's hand hesitated in reaching for his drink and his body stiffened up.

Jack tried to read his expression. Mark looked as if he just realized something. Jack glanced at Mark's drink curiously. What could he have possibly been thinking? The glass looked standard. Nothing special except for the green liquid inside. Jack raised an eyebrow and then it hit him hard. Jerking upright, Jack yanked off his blanket yelling out at full volume. "MARK"! Mark rolled off the couch, trying to race away, but Jack snatched his ankle before it touched ground. Yanking Mark back, Jack slid off the couch shouting out at the top of his lungs. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE NOW"! Mark grabbed at anything he could use to pull himself away, shouting back innocently. "I didn't do anything! Let me go"! Jack released Mark's ankle, letting him scramble away as he followed, stating bitterly. "Mark, if you drugged me again... I'll raise hell"!

Mark scooted back toward the hallway with Jack heatedly walking after him. Mark stared up at Jack, telling him nervously. "Now listen to me! This time was not my fault. The fault lies with the guy who gave me the drink to give to you! I told you her potions were real". Jack menacingly reached down to grab the front of Mark's shirt with both hands, pulling him up close as he calmly stated between clenched teeth. "You mother fucker! I'm going to beat your arse"! Mark raised a hand to say something, when the doorbell rang. Jack didn't move, but Mark patted his hand gingerly, telling him with a nervous smile. "Hold that thought. Pizza is here". Mark pried his shirt from Jack's fingers and fled to the front door. Opening the door, the pizza guy handed off the boxes to him.

Mark set them quickly on the kitchen counter as Jack rounded the corner. Rushing back to the pizza guy, he handed him a tip and whispered out discreetly. "Save me"! Jack wrapped an arm over Mark's shoulder, telling the pizza guy with a playfully innocent smile. "You got here just in time. I was just about to go crazy". The pizza guy chuckled loudly, waving goodbye as he headed back to his car. Mark turned his eyes on Jack, noticing that Jack's eyes weren't smiling. Jack slowly closed the door, his arm tightening around Mark's neck. Mark pointed to the boxes of pizza, quickly rushing out hopefully. "How about you eat first? I got your favorite! We all know how you think better with food in your system". Mark slipped from Jack's grip, rushing to grab a pizza box.

Opening the box for Jack to see the contents, Mark innocently told him. "Just take a slice and let me explain". Jack sighed heavily, taking the whole box before he moved back into the living room to sit down. Mark picked up his own box of pizza to follow, but sat at a safe distance as he started to explain what must have happened. Once he had finished explaining, Jack shook his head in disbelief. Mark finally opened his pizza box to take a slice, adding in. "I know you don't believe me, but I'm telling you the truth. Her potions do work. It's the only thing we have done differently. You felt sick afterward, didn't you"? Jack sighed again, reluctantly nodding as he mumbled out. "I'm never drinking anything you give me again". Mark rolled his eyes, telling him casually before taking a bite of his pizza. "Come on. Don't be like that. I'll sort this all out".

Jack rubbed his temples, mumbling out distressed. "Mark... What if she can't reverse this"? Mark's chewing slowed as he became expressionless. Jack lifted an eyebrow, digging into the subject more. "You're so confident that she can fix this. But if she can't... Then what? What is going to happen to me, Mark"? Mark swallowed, averting his eyes to his pizza box as he stated softly. "I know she can fix it. Besides, we don't know for sure if the potion worked as it should. You could just be suffering from the symptoms of pregnancy". Jack leaned back on the couch, stating bluntly. "You're not answering my question, Mark". Mark pulled another pizza slice from the box, muttering out in a low tone of voice. "Yes, I did". Jack stared at Mark in silence, until Mark looked at him curiously. Only then, when he had Mark's undivided attention did he ask him seriously. "Mark... If she can't reverse this. What is going to happen between us"?

Mark shrugged nervously as his response. He didn't know how to answer that. He didn't know how he would react until he knew for sure. Jack lowered his gaze to the floor and then stood up. Mark watched him hand off a crust of pizza to Chica as he passed her. Jack slowly headed down the hall, feeling like he couldn't breathe. He had to get away from Mark. His heart was breaking. If Mark couldn't answer him. Than that told him that he was in this alone if things went south. Mark jumped to his feet, watching Jack slip off into the guest bedroom as he called out to him regretfully. "Jack? I'm sorry. I just-". Mark heard the door click shut down the hall and sighed in defeat. He had hurt Jack. That much was clear. He just didn't want to say anything he'd regret later.

Jack leaned back against the closed door, trying to take a deep breath. He could get through this. Wincing from the sudden pain in his stomach, he reached up to wipe his hand across the corner of his lip. As he pulled his hand away, his heart rate increased. Pulling his sweater sleeve up enough to wipe the blood off his finger, he took deep breaths to steady himself. He mentally kept telling himself that he was going to be ok. Carefully walking to the bed, Jack crawled over it to lay down in a tight ball. He watched his hands shake and tried to will them to stop. He didn't want to be scared. He was better than this, but his body knew him better and kept on shaking. Jack closed his eyes trying to block everything out, when the bed shifted behind him.

Jack opened his eyes to see Mark's warm hand slide down his arm to intertwine their fingers together. Mark's hand stopped his hand from shaking. Settling in behind Jack, Mark's body was helping him relax with not just his added warmth, but his strong comforting embrace. Mark's deep buttery voice soothed his ear, when he whispered to him so lovingly. "I'm sorry. I didn't want you to worry unnecessarily. You know I'm not going anywhere. I promise you that". Mark kissed his cheek and Jack smiled. He didn't know how he was going to get through this without him. To Be Continued...