42

Leah's pov

A month later

Just a few things left to sign and this car is mine. I can't even believe it's actually happening. Even though Jen and I are just back to how it was before, when me and her never knew we liked each other back then, I'm still going to thank her. This wouldn't have happened without her. Now I've been able to pay for bills and have extra money to save up and buy myself some things and sofia too. The biggest thing that's coming up is Sofia's party and then mine. One after the other. Hers is for family and friends and mine is all adults. A lot of my cousins will come then some friends that I have. Which isn't too much. I've kept my circle small so it's mostly cousins. I still haven't decided if I'm going to invite Jen and Emme. I might kind of have to though. Emme is Sofia's best friend. If they do go, jen could hang out with the other moms. I don't plan on hanging out with her at all.

"And here are your keys Miss Remini" the guy says nicely and I reach my hand out to get them from him. Sofia jumped a few times happily and smiled widely.

We all walked over to the car and he said a last few words to us before we left letting us know everything else we need to know and giving us good luck.

It feels nice to have my own car again. I'm so happy that I want to cry. Everything that me and sofia dealt with before everything flipped. Right now I'm so grateful and I know sofia is too.

"How do you like the car baby?" I ask while I was driving home. "I love it!! It smells good and it's super spacey" "haha yes! I could drop you off and pick you up at school now" I say "no more car rides with Emme?" She said sounding hesitant "n-no.. not anymore. You'll still see Emme though!" "Aww" she complains but I don't respond.

We got home and stayed for a little before we plan on leaving again to buy groceries. I could finally buy more than usual because I have a car to put them all in on the way home.

But before doing that I decided I should call Jennifer. The last time I talked to her was Friday when she last dropped me off. The last actual conversation. That we had was a week ago. It wasn't that special. Just things about work. She only says hi and bye to be when she's pick us up and drop us off. But since I'm nice, respectful and not a bitch, well I can be, I'm going to call jen and thank her.

"Hey..I just wanted to call you and thank you"

"For?"

"Getting me the job I have now. Because of you, I finally got my own car again"

"Oh- you did??" She stutters. She didn't seem pleased

"Yeah! I planned on getting it before my Birthday. As a present to me. I really needed a car and felt that it's wrong to have you keep driving us every damn day" I giggled

"Ohh haha. So sudden..Well congrats on a new car. Happy for you"

"Thanks.."

I got quiet for a few seconds so I spoke again.
"So you don't have to pick us up anymoooore" i say trying to lighten up whatever mood this is.

"Oh...okay..well I guess I'll see you on Monday then"

"Yup. See you then. Byyyee"

"Bye" She says and hangs up. It wasn't a bitchy "bye" it was a normal one. But I do sense that somethings up. It's not like i don't miss her, I do miss her. I see her everyday but it doesn't feel like I do.

-

Jens pov

Hearing the news from Leah that she got her car kind of hurt me. I was all for her getting a car but when she actually did it hurt. I know now we won't even drive together. Maybe not even see each other at work since we aren't next to each other. I'll only see her when I have new stuff for her to go. Oh well. I'm happy for her. I'm not gonna do anything to make things worst for her just cause I'm annoyed.  I'm the one who got her to this point. I shouldn't be feeling some type of envy or whatever. I don't know what it is but I just have this weird feeling inside. We broke up around a month ago. Not even a break up since we weren't official. Emme's been sad that her and Sofia haven't hung out for that long except at school but I can't do anything about that. I don't want to deal with leah.

"Mommy was that Leah?" Emme asks me. My phone was on speaker.  "Uh..Yeah why?" "Why'd you hang up?!" She says and throws her hands up. "She just had to tell me something." "What did she say?" "Sheeee...she got... a new car" I say and fake a smile. Why is it hurting to say it out loud.

"She did?! Yay!"

"Yeah..haha..that means you can't ride with sofia to and from school anymore"

"What?! Noooo!"

"I'm sorry but they have a car now."

Emme frowns and looks down. "It's okay! You'll see her at school"

"Nooo! I only see her at lunch time!!"

"Okay Emme don't yell at me I can't do anything about it."

"But- but"

"You can see her on Monday. Now finish your homework before I take away your iPad."

"I wasn't even using my iPad!"
I raise my brow and cross my arms. "S-sorry" she pouts and puts the iPad away and works on her homework. Lynda was right. Me and Leah being apart makes it worst on the kids.