11

Jennifer's pov

Leah's too sweet. She helped Emme feel better so that when we had dinner Emme wouldn't whine as much. I already dropped them off at home. Tonight was nice. Fun. Emme was way too excited. She really likes Sofia it's so cute but that's the reason why she fell. She cried so loud though echoing around the whole house I felt bad that Leah and Sofia dealt with that but it got better later.

I cleaned up in the kitchen while Emme was watching tv at the couches. After cleaning up we went upstairs doing the usual night routine before going to sleep. Then I went with Emme to her room and laid in bed with her. I was so tired that this time I didn't even go on my phone while waiting for her to sleep. I just cuddled with her rubbing her back softly.

"Does your knee hurt less now?" I quietly ask her "Yeah. But I feel like it still hurts a little" "it'll be sore tomorrow. I don't know if you'd be able to go to dance tomorrow" "aww" she whines. "Well you shouldn't have been running down the stairs baby" "i said sorry" "I know but just- don't run on the stairs anymore. Promise me. Things could've been worst cause that fall sounded hard"

"Okay I promise"

"Good" I say and kiss her forehead "goodnight. I love you" "I love you" she replies and I ended up falling asleep with her in her bed instead of going in my room afterwards.
-

The next day Emme ended up going to her dance class and she did perfectly fine. She just has a bruise on her leg. After dance we went to go eat. I've been spoiling her by carrying her around. She could walk but she keeps asking me to carry her. She's not so heavy so I just did it.

"When can I sleep over Sofia's house?" She asks me as we eat together. "Um I'm not sure I'll ask Leah." "Ask her noooowww" she tells me when I'm just trying to enjoy my food. "Emme I'm eating." "Pleeaaase." "Emme." I say with a tone. She gets grumpy and looks away. She wants me to feel bad and say yes but I'm not going to. I just don't wanna keep asking Leah about planning shit with her because she'll think I'm obsessed with her. I don't mind if I see her a lot though. I enjoy her presence. The fact that she's bi makes me want to try and at least flirt with her but I don't know..what if I'm not her type? What if she's not looking for anyone. Or maybe she doesn't wanna date a Mom whose child goes to the same school as Sofia. I really don't know.

-

Leah's pov

Jennifer and I are out getting lunch together during our lunch break. It was taco Tuesday so we went out for tacos. Once Jennifer finished paying for her food she looked at me "I'll go find us a table" she tells me and leaves and I'm next to pay. "$11.79" the guy cashier says and I get my money out and hand it to him. He already had his hand out but was looking somewhere else. I realized it was at Jennifer. " here you go.." I say and put the money in his hand but he still isn't paying attention. He acted like he was but was looking at Jennifer who wasn't even near me.  "Um..Excuse me." I say and he looks at the money and puts it in the register and hands me the receipt. He really did that in front of me? I know she's hot but geez.. do your work. Don't look at my friend.

I went over to where Jennifer was sitting and we started to eat. But she noticed I was distracted by something.
"What're you looking at?" She asks me and turns around looking where I was looking which was at that cashier.
I just shake my head and look back at my food. "Um..okay?" She says "sorry..i got annoyed by that damn cashier for something so little."  "Wait What? What happened?"

I sighed "I was trying to pay but he got distracted by you and he didn't even look at me handing him my money or didn't even say anything. So rude. I know you're pretty but he should be paying attention to his job."

"Really? I'm not that pretty. Maybe it was at someone else" she says

"No..you're pretty. I mean look at you. I'm sure it was to you" I was speaking the truth but didn't mean to say it like that. But she smiled at me then looked down at her food not caring about the cashier. "Whatever let's talk about something else. He's not important" I say "Okay. Well then let's talk about something else..how do you like working at the office?"

"It's nice. I love it actually. Way better than my previous jobs."

"I'm glad you do! I'm really happy you work with me. I feel like we connect better than everyone else who I work with but I think that's because our daughters are friends."

"Yeah I think so too. I haven't even met everyone yet. Just the people around my office and when I went to get some coffee at the same time others did"

"You'll get to know everyone soon. Well to be honest I don't remember exactly everyone. Just the people I need to remember." She says. "Hopefully they all like me." I said

"I'm sure they'll like you. You have a nice personality. I like it."

"Really? thank you then"

"Yeah...Anyways I just remembered. Emme's been asking me about having a sleepover. She wants Sofia to come or she wants to go over to your place"

"If you don't mind, can Sofia sleep over there? My place is small and I- well- it's not all that. Emme might not like it if she stays long enough"

"What are you talking about it's nice! It's better than other types of apartments I've expected. At least yours is more modern and clean and organized. But I don't mind if their sleep over is at my house"

"I just think that's better" I say "Okay no problem. When should they have it?"

"How about next week on Wednesday?"

"Okay. So I'll just take sofia to school too then the next morning. Emme has dance at 4:30 till 6 so sofia could just stay and watch with me"

"Okay cool! She's always loved watching dance videos so this will be fun for her"

"She should join dance too!"

"I was thinking about that but maybe later on when I'm financially stable. I know it costs money for that too."

"Yeah true. Sounds like a plan"

Okay..Jennifer's really fun to talk to. It's not boring with her. We've never had an awkward moment and I'm getting to know her more...and I may be crushing on her. I love her personality and her being nice to me is so attractive to me for some reason. I don't know how to repay her for all this but I'll figure out something one day.