Chapter 28: Brother

^^^^^^Mason^^^^^^

^^^^^^Mason^^^^^^

Cleo's POV__ (A/N Yayyyyyyy)

Today is the day that Mas and I visit the packs. I'm quite excited for all of this but I only have one concern. Well, a few actually. My wolf hasn't came back yet. Mason's sister and her mate still haven't came home. Along with that mess, I'm scared that some Alphas of the packs will remember me.

You see, when I lived out in the woods, I came across several packs and Alphas. Just about everyone was after me and trying to kill me. Not one single Alpha I came across has ever been nice to me -with of course the exception of Alpha Jasper. I know that Mas will always protect me and all but there's this voice in the back of my head nagging me that we may not be as safe as we'd think. But I just push those thoughts away. It's most likely just my subconscious trying to scare me.

My hand latches onto Mason's and he looks down at me and smiles, kissing my cheek. My face goes a light shade of pink and I offer him a smile back. I absolutely adore him with all my soul.

His jet black hair is getting long but as always it's still swooped to the side. His discolored dark blue eyes are what always captivate me. His eyes are so stunning with the dark blue eye and the other being slightly brighter and lighter. I don't see how someone could make fun of him for that. His sharp jawline and stubble. His not irritatingly big nose. He is the definition of perfect.

Then there's me. My clear pale skin and bright emerald green eyes. My long blonde hair that falls down to my hips. Unlike the first time when Mas found me, I had already gained weight so you can no longer see my ribs or bones. Though of course not to the extent of unhealthy. I don't find myself ugly though definitely not breathtakingly stunning. But Mas is. He's model worthy.

Brushing away these thoughts, I look up to notice that we were nearing the pack we were visiting. Mas drives up to the guard standing there and they have a conversation about who we are. I take this time to look around. In front of us was a huge gate and hooked around the pack is a large fencing. The question is what they're trying to keep out. Or in. I feel rather comfortable though with Mason's hand interlocked with mine. Hopefully what's beyond the gate isn't as scary as I picture it. 

Once them two finish speaking, the guard nods to the operator and the gate opens. Mas thanks him and we drive through. I suck in a gust of air and hold it, scared of what could be on the other side.

Boy was I relieved to see just a normal town like any other. I turn over to Mas and I smile widely, kissing his cheek. He looks over to me and smiles, pulling away his hand from my own and instead places it on my thy. He quickly winks at me and leans over, kissing my forehead. We've been more lovey dovey after we had marked each other. Now we were completely inseparable.

Houses whiz by as a few pack warriors from our pack drive behind us in a car of their own. For protecting purposes of course. As we drive by, I see young pups of all ages running around playing tag and laughing. The mother shakes her head but laughs along with them. One day, Cleo, that'll be us. One day.