Chapter 22: Possible Recovering

After Cleo had decided she would go to the packs with me, we spent the rest of the day talking about our future Luna and what steps we will take in finding her. We had talked about the girls we were bringing to the now fully furnished and cleaned castle. Surprisingly, the castle is actually pretty old. But after the pack's hard work, it was modern. We fully stocked the library with books and magazines then cleaned up the ball room. Now that the creepy vibe of the castle is gone, we can now take in some competitors. That was last night. This is now in the morning.

Currently, we are waiting on the pack doctor to see what we should do about my "injuries". Once again, I lay in my bed as Cleo feeds me a tuna fish sandwich. I have a plate of three sandwiches with all of them cut in half meanwhile, she only has one with strawberries on the side. I know I can feed myself, but I like it better when she does it.

"So when we leave for the pack, we will take the champion of whoever wins to that one large area we are keeping them for the time being? Then after we drop her off there, we go to all the other packs and repeat the process?" Cleo asks excitedly, a large smile painted across her delicate face. I swallow my food so I can answer her.

"Yes. But instead of us taking her to the large area, another person will go with us to the pack and will take the champion there. That way, we will be on time for when the next pack starts their competition. When we finish going through the packs, we will bring everyone to the castle where we will make them compete further." I shrug, motioning for her to feed me more as we both sit there on the bed, enjoying each other's company.

"This is so confusing!" She wines, lifting the tuna fish sandwich up as I bite into it, contently growling at how delicious it tastes. I swallow it sadly to keep up the conversation.

"It's not really confusing to me. Just follow me around and I'll show you." She nods, biting into a strawberry.

Almost immediately, we hear the door clicks open as it reveals the pack doctor. I groan, rolling my eyes. I hate this. Being forced to be examined by a person. Regardless of whether you gave consent to it or not. The doctor closes the door behind her, Cleo scooting closer to me as she nears.

"Hello, I am Mary. I will be checking to see whether or not you are allowed to travel for pack buisness." I growl at her. It doesn't matter if I'm allowed to go! This is my pack and I will do it for the pack whether I'm dead or no! "Please don't growl at me, Mason. I am only here for work. It's not like I want to be here with your stupid mate and you." That had my blood boiling and my wolf surfacing. No one will ever insult the Beta Female.

"Well, Mary, in case you don't know who you're talking to, I am the Beta. So I suggest you back down before I tell the Alpha of your actions. I bet he will be more than pleased to throw a dirty mangy mutt like you into the cellars. If you don't believe my words, try me. If you so much as even mention anything negative towards my mate, I won't hesitate to snap your neck. You must apologize. Am I clear?" She gulps, nodding before hesitantly stepping closer to examine me.

"Okay, Beta. I apologize for offending both of you. May I proceed?" I nod. "Okay." She gently takes my arm as she presses her fingertips against it, looking up at me. The whole time, I death glare at her. "Do you feel any pain?" I shake my head, making her hum and grab my other arm. She repeats the same thing and looks at me questioningly. I shake my head. "Can you please stand up and see if you can walk around?"

I get up, making Cleo whimper slightly. I look at her with an encouraging smile, making her mimic me. I walk around the floor with ease. Surprisingly, I feel perfectly fine. Like nothing even happened. Cleo and I gape in awe at how much I've recovered as the doctor just smiles and grabs a clipboard from the large pocket in her white doctor's cloak. She walks circles around me, stopping in front of me and scribbling a few notes onto the paper with a pen.