Chapter 8- The Newcomers

I walk into the kitchen, dragging my feet against the ground. I scratch my head when I see Cleo talking to my sister. To be more honest, more like my sister was talking Cleo's ear off and she didn't want to be rude. But with Cleo being the shy person she is, she just sunk into her seat and was biting her lip, looking at the ground.

I chuckle, immediately catching Cleo's attention. She looks up at me with a bright smile as her eyes scream 'Help me!'. Pheonix, however, glares at me. I put my hands up and shrug. Phoenix crosses her arms over her chest and growls.

I roll my eyes and walk behind Cleo. She looks up at me with confusement dancing in her beautiful orbs. I pick her up and sit on the seat she was sitting on, placing her onto my lap. Almost like it triggered something in her, she turned around to me and wrapped her tiny arms around my neck.

I look down at her with a smirk and she blushes, burrying her face in the crook of my neck.  Phoenix fake gags across the table and I growl, making Cleo tense up. I rub Cleo's back reassuringly and she relaxes  a tiny bit. I smile and rest my chin on her shoulder as she wraps her legs around my waist.

Just as I was about to lecture Phoenix on how it was a mate thing, several pack members walked in the room.

As they approached me, they all nod in acknowledgement and say several, "Hello, Beta." I nod back as a hello. They walk towards the oven and they all spread out through the large kitchen, making pack breakfast I assume.

"I'm going for a jog with Keagon." Not giving me time to object and scold her, Phoenix runs out of the room. I growl and grit my teeth. Just as I was about to detach myself from Cleo and run after her, Jasper walked in the room.

"Hey, Mason. I assume you finished the assignments I gave to you?" He says it more like a question. Jasper sits across from me and cocks his head to the side.

"Well, the one about the newcomers, yes. That's what I wanted to talk to you about, actually." I clear my throat. "I wanted to have Cleo accepted into the pack." Cleo immediately tenses and I know exactly why.

Packs have different acceptance rituals. Some have a mental test, others just come into the pack, some have a ceremony when they conjoin their blood to the Alphas. But ours is very different. For our pack, you have to fight a rouge and the Gamma if the pack. After that, you'd be cut on your wrist, bringing it to the Alpha's cut wrist. Then, a symbol of our pack will appear somewhere on your body.

"Sure, when do you want it planned?" Jasper asks, smiling.

"The next full moon. Not on Friday but some other time." I shrug, He nods understandingly and I clear my throat. "And the thing about the newcomers...I found something very interesting about one of them." Jasper seems extremely interested as he nods vigorously, wanting me to continue. So like he wants, I continue.

"Their names are Kat, Alex, and Lilly. But the thing about Alex...I couldn't find out more about her background than the fact that she was from the Fortress pack. But the Fortress pack is all about defense, so I'm thinking they cleared all her history. I attempted to call the Alpha but you know him, he's always unknown and by himself. For goddess sakes, he lives secluded from his whole pack." I hear Jasper let out a low growl. Cleo tenses up even more.

But I continue as I was directed from his nod. 

"But I don't know why I was so curious. I ended up looking into more of his pack members but they all had histories. So like usual, I was more curious than ever. I looked into the Beta, Gamma, and Alpha. But unsurprisingly, they all had no histories. I was trying to wrap my brain around this and I got a brain splitting headache. But turns out, all the higher people in the Fortress pack have absolutely no history and have a blank slate. So it's either just their pack and being all 'defense' or they're planning to do something big. But I have no clue, I just thought it was interesting." I shrug. "But there is the Alpha meeting. So maybe you could find out there."

"Maybe." Jasper sighs and looks down at the floor. "I gotta go." And with that, he gets up and leaves. I just sit there, wondering why he wanted to leave me so fast.

I just shrug it off and kiss Cleo's head as I hear her purr to my gesture. With much shock, she kisses my neck and I smile, hugging her tighter to my chest. Her intoxicating scent makes me almost drugged up with it. Whenever she even slightly touches me, almost like fireworks, my body explodes in a million tingles, creating a happy sigh to go through me. Everything about her makes my wolf go psycho and want to touch every inch of her. She got me crazy for her.

But for some reason, I like it that way.

I like it how she affects me. I love yet hate how she can make me feel so powerful yet so vulnerable all in one. Like how she makes me shudder and feel like I could achieve anything I would want to. It's like she put me under a spell and all of a sudden, she's all I need. But part of me hates it that I don't have full control over everything. I like making things my way.

Who knows.

I'm falling for her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, okay, I know it's short. But I have some struggle with ideas so I don't know. BUT I WILL TRY TO UPDATE! X333

AND I THINK I WANNA MAKE THIS A SERIES!

SO COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS.

<3 <3 <3

~Koalaz99