Chapter 17

A/N:   This song at the top is there for a reason, please listen carefully what he sings and the words.  It is going to explain a few things for this chapter.

BRYAN'S POV

I was beyond mad at Kyler, I know he means well but by not telling me what is going on in his life I will never know how to protect him. I have tried everything in me to keep him safe, to make sure that he don't need to train or anything, but then he goes to Eric, of all people, who just found his mate 2 years ago. Eric fears Quinton, he came to me and said so. I even told him that he doesn't need to be, that if Quinton hurts him he will hurt himself. I told him that he can talk to Quinton, to get him to understand his fears, but he won't, he would rather go back to what he was doing and that is to protect my mate, his Luna.

I turned around from window only to see Kyler stand there looking at the castle it looked like he has tears in his eyes and when I looked closer I saw him walk away from Nic. Something really bad must have happened between them because I see both of them are upset about something. I will talk to Nic later, I needed to do some paperwork. I can see why Kyler was upset about us dumping this on him. I was just starting to do the work but then I heard the little pitter patter of feet running down the hall toward me. I tried to not notice the little hushed voices of my daughter and son. "Shhhh, weve haf to be shhhhh, papa working hard now." "Don't shhhhh me, ....................daddy not here." I just couldn't hold it in anymore, so I asked them "And what must you two monkeys be quiet about?" "Papa, we were looking to daddy, where is he?" I looked at my daughter who looks so much like Kyler, it sort of makes me feel bad about keeping him locked up inside the castle. "Hey princess, now tell papa what you are your brother is doing running around the castle like this?" I walked over to them and picked them both up. It seems that Ambrose is having a good day today. Once he was in my arms he clung to me and it seemed that he didn't want to let go. I held the kids in my arms and walked over to the couch that is in the office. I made sure that they are comfortable before I took my place between them, it seemed that once Ambrose clung to me again Athena did the same. Is she feeling what he is feeling? Can they be so attuned to each other? Well, I remember that when I was little and was upset about things my dad would use to sing me a song from Neil Diamond. It was a song called "I am, I said" .

"I am, I said"

L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most the time
And the feeling is "lay back"
Palm trees grow and rents are low
But you know I keep thinkin' about
Making my way back

Well I'm New York City born and raised
But nowadays
I'm lost between two shores
L.A.'s fine, but it ain't home
New York's home
But it ain't mine no more

"I am"... I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair

"I am"... I cried
"I am"... said I
And I am lost and I can't
Even say why
Leavin' me lonely still

Did you ever read about a frog
Who dreamed of bein' a king
And then became one
Well except for the names
And a few other changes
If you talk about me
The story is the same one

But I got an emptiness deep inside
And...

As I got to the end of the song, both of them was fast asleep. Athena climbed over to Ambrose and she held him to her and it made my heart beat faster, because this is supposed to like this between Kyler and I. I mean this is bad, I have never seen Kyler be so defiant like this. Something must have really scared him if he is doing things behind my back, and no matter how much I will demand Eric to tell me he will never tell. It seems that they will never turn on a Luna. And I don't blame him, to cross a Luna is to almost cross the Moon Goddess. Now I get why Eric went after Kyler, and I know that he will keep him safe no matter what. Guess I will just have to wait till they get back. I felt how the kids breathing felt against me and I think that made me sleepy. Because after making sure that they are safe in my arms I must have dozed off.