Chapter 13

BRYAN'S POV

I have no idea as to why she even thought that, did she really think that I would hate her that much, sure given that we never really got along when I was young, but still. To think that she thought to keep that big a secret from us, I just really don't know what to do.

After she told us I had to leave, there was no way that I could have stand being near her, but now that I am almost halfway away from both my mother and my mate, I am dreading the feeling that I am getting from him. This has to be the worst feeling in the world, but I can't just leave here, and if anyone found out that I went back to the Elders, they will never look at me the same way again. And worst of all if Kyler were to find out, he will either leave me or he will forever hate me. And to be honest, that is not something that I like. "Are you sure that this is what you want to do? I mean we could still turn back?" "No, I am not sure, but if we do nothing as an Alpha, then what good are we? We have to do something to prove that we can take care of our pack, and if anyone tries to hurt that pack we are willing to do just about anything to make sure the people are taken care off." "So for now, we are just going to talk to them, make them understand that we are not going to do what they ask?" "Something like that." With those words to Waylyn I made sure that no one can listen in but they can still talk to me too, because they really do not need to know what I am going to do. They will try and stop me. As I was running I let my mind drift to Kyler, and he had said about my mother. But as I started to drift further into his mind I came across a conversation that he somehow saved in his head.

"Are you certain about that Kyler, because you do know that the minute that will happen Bryan will know." "Yes Muse, I do, and to be honest that is what scares me the most. I do not know what daddy will do, but I do not want him to be mad at me, it hurts to know that I have upset him in any way and to do this to him, no, I can't do that." "But you do know that you would have to sometime right?" "Yeah, I know. But since we will have one of the twins soon, then there is no reason for me to go through with that is there?" "It is up to you, you won't listen to me otherwise." "No I do, it is just that I am scared, I do not know if I will be a good parent. Bryan was and still is a good parent to me, and I know that he will be an even greater dad to this baby. The only thing that I am worried about is that I have no experience." "Now what you are saying is a lie, what about all the times that you played with the pups, that you helped the day-mothers to take care of them? You do have the basic knowledge to be a parent, and besides, this will be your baby, so this will be a trial and error. When you do have your own baby with daddy it will be a whole lot easier."

Unfortunately, there wasn't any more of that, he actually left the conversation just there. I was actually wondering what he would have said after that. But that is something that I am actually waiting for. To have a family with Kyler is really something that I am looking forward too. To know that the love of my life is actually carrying and protecting my baby is something that I can't wait to see. No matter what I am doing, what I am thinking, each day my thoughts are going in that direction. "Daddy, where are you? The guards don't want me to leave the house, and I wanted to spend the day with Zeus." "I am sorry baby, I am just meeting with some of the other Alphas. I will try and be back soon. Just for now please do what they ask of you?" "Daddy, if you should have gone, then why did uncle Terry not go with you?" "I left without telling them, it was sort of short notice. I will ask Adam to join me when I am safely here. I need Terry at home to look after the pack while I am gone." "Okay daddy. I will send uncle Adam when I know that you are safely where you need to be. And I know that you are trying to talk to the Elder Council, please be careful daddy I don't want to lose you. We still have to finish the mating ritual and it will also cause most if not all of the female wolves to go into heat. I am just sorry for Peter, because he will be the one who will get it. And I just hope that Val will not reject her mate on that night either." What Kyler told me made me stop where I was, and he caused me to rethink what was said. I can't let anything like that happen. I do know that Valkeyria is afraid of her mate, even though I know that she really don't have to, but if I think back what has been said of him I kind of understand why. I will need to talk to Kelcey about this. There has to be a way that those two will be able to handle this, whatever it is.