Chapter 15

BRYAN'S POV

I was so glad to hold my baby in my arms, and no I do not mean Kyler, I mean the baby that Kyler just gave birth to. Don't get me wrong, Kyler will always be my baby, but now this little bundle will bring us so much joy. When the nurse handed me the baby I was too afraid that if I hold her a little too tight I may break her. She seems so small, I can't believe that we made something this small. "Bryan, you do know that you can hold her a little more tightly than that right?" I looked up and thought that it was my cousin that said that but it was just the three of us in the room. So it is the first time that Kyler actually called me on my name. I don't know if I should be happy or what, because he always just called me daddy. "I know love, but you do realize that I am much stronger than either of you, and I am just afraid that I may actually break something of her." "You won't, she is tougher than she looks. I mean she does have Alpha blood running inside her. I have a feeling that she will be the next Alpha of your pack." "Our pack love. Now that we have her, you should start learning what it means to be Luna. I know my mother will help you with that, and the moment that we get back home, you are going to start learning." "Yes dear." After that he was quiet for a while and when I looked up from our baby to see that he was fast asleep.

I walked out of the room to the waiting room to see that Nic was sitting next to a woman who had cried a bit and a little girl on his lap clinging to him. Now that is something that I need to get used to. As I walked closer to them they looked up and smiled. Nic stood up and placed the girl on the chair before he walked over to me and held his hand out for my baby girl. At first I didn't want to but I know he needs to approve of her. It is done with all births here in his territory. When he took hold of her he just smiled. "She will be a wonderful Alpha female someday. I know that her mate will help her to achieve things that neither of us could ever do." "You think so? I was afraid that she may not be that powerful even though she comes from an Alpha and Omega." "Bri, it doesn't matter, trust me your daughter will be very powerful once she and her mate will meet. Yes they will meet earlier in life, like you two did, but they will grow up together, they will do things together like mates should do. And yes they will fight but it will sort it all out. Now, tell me what name did you give our future Queen?" When I looked up at Nic I was unsure, but then I remembered the dream I had a few day ago. Then when Kyler told me the name. "Her name will be Athena. Yeah yeah I know weird name." "No Bri, her name suits her, now do you know what Ava have named the twins. I got words a few moments ago that the twins were born. But they had trouble with one of them, he has trouble breathing. I do not know if he will make it."  I sensed that Kyler had gotton of the bed and walked to where we are, but I pretended to not notice it.     "Uncle Nic, the names are Orion and Ambrose. I think she said that Ambrose is the weak one, the one they basically didn't know about, he is the one who is supposed to come to us. I have no idea if Ava is even still alive. I can feel her, but it is very faint. She doesn't have long to live. I really wanted to be there for her, but I didn't know that we would give birth to our pups at the same day."  It felt as if a rock was lodged inside my throat.  I mean Ava helped me raise Kyler, and now she is being taken away from us, this is not fair.  I just hope that Terry will survice this.       "Kyler, she is here, she is just on the floor below, that is why you can feel her." Nic barely finished his words before Kyler was gone, he scented her out, and he was gone. I rather stayed here with Athena in my arms. I will let her meet Ambrose when the time is right.

It wasn't long before I heard Kyler's heart-breaking cries. It was then that I knew that Ava passed away. The one thing I am not sure about is if they even talked to Zeus about this. I mean I was into my own little world with the Elder Council, the idea of Kyler getting pregnant and then ending up here with Nic at the castle. It all feels like a lifetime ago, but in reality it is only been a few months. I know that with both of us here my pack was in the danger but then Nic told me that his Gamma was over at my pack and he was taking care of things along with my parents while we are recuperating. I think the entire pack felt the loss of Ava passing, and now I just hope that Terry will be able to hold on, because both of this children needs to be safe.

I decided to walk around the castle with Athena in my arms, it seems that she is a lot different from the other new born pups, her eyes are already open and I am surprised to see that she has a bit of both of us in her. She has Kyler's hair and light skin, while her eyes is a mix of both of us. I guess we will just have to see how she will be when she grows older. I have a feeling that she will grow faster than the rest of the babies and that she will be mentally and physically stronger too. "Bryan, would you like to hold Ambrose?" When I looked up I saw that Kyler was standing there with Ambrose in his arms. His eyes were also open and he too looked a lot like both Terry and Ava, now if Ambrose looks like this then Orion must look just the same. "Yeah, you want to hold your daughter? I know that you have not had time to hold her since she was born just a few hours ago.   All I do know is that she will be the perfect Alpha when she grows up." "Yeah I have an idea that you are quiet right about that one. And for once, they are the......." "They what love?" "Nothing Bryan, it is just I though about us for a second but then thought I would not mention it." "Are you sad that there are such a huge age difference between us?" "No, not at first, but then I thought I know of a way so that we can be the same age soon. But I would have to talk to some of the Elders. But I know with whom I can talk." I just looked at him, because I know that if I say something now he would be mad at me, and right now I have to keep him happy. "Bryan, you know that is not true, and I won't be mad about that. I know the last few months have not been the best, but at least I know when to not push. I have waited till now, and if I can do that, then I can wait a few more months. I know that what the Elders did to us is not good, but at least most of them will be more co-operative now that HE is gone. Our lives will be a lot better now. We just have to focus on the babies and to help Terry cope until his second chance mate appears. I know that he will be fine. He was just a little pale when I took Ambrose, but he said that he will hold on for as long as it will take. He also said that Zeus and Kevin will help him take care of Orion. He said that if we want to we can even take Orion, but he would like to keep Ava's dream alive to at least keep one of the twins. Daddy, do you think that Ava may come back?" "What do you mean by that baby?" "I mean I know what will happen soon to help me get where I am supposed to be, and who will help me, but to actually think that Ava may come back, I really hope that the Moon Goddess will allow Ava to come back. I know that there are lot of second chance mates out there, but I really don't see anyone other than Ava with Terry."

As Kyler and I walked around the castle with the babies I saw that most of Nic's pack kept looking at us and some even lowered their head to us . So I am not sure what is going on with this pack. We walked closer to Nic's office when I heard him laugh for the time since we were kids. I thought the he would never laugh again. I do know that the stress of being Alpha King and still being mate less until now. So it is a real relieve for me to hear him laugh. As we got closer to the door it opened and the little girl came running out and stopped right in front us. "Alpha, may I please take a look at the future Queen and King?" I was surprised when she said that. What is Nic up to? "May I ask as to why you would like to see them?" "Well daddy said that I would be able to determine weather or not they will be fit to rule this kingdom. But I can feel it form here, they will be the best Queen and King." With those words the little girl ran back into the room and said something to Nic. I heard him laugh and then he came out.

"Just in time too, I was about to go search for you two. I have decided to step down as Alpha King. I want you to take over for a while, just until your children are old enough to take over the Kingdom."