Night Terrors Pt. 2

In the kitchen the Doctor is going through the cupboards.

"You're supposed to be a professional. I'll never get him to sleep now. It's so irresponsible" Alex says as the Doctor gets out three mugs.

"No, Alex. Responsible. Very. Cupboard bad. Cupboard not bare. Stay away from cupboard. And there's something else. Something we've missed. Something staring us in the face" {Y/N} says.

"Look, I'd like you both to leave, please. You're just making things worse. Will you stop making tea!?" Alex takes the things from the Doctor "I want you to leave."

"No," the Doctor says, taking back the mugs and whatnot.

"What? What do you mean no? Leave" Alex shuts the fridge door, the Doctor opens it again "get out. Now, please" Alex closes it again "look, maybe this was a bad idea. We should sort out George ourselves."

"You can't" {Y/N} says.

"No one's going to tell us how to run our lives. I don't care who you two are or what wheels have been set in motion. We'll sort it" the Doctor looks up from the mugs to look at Alex.

"We're not just professionals. I'm the Doctor, that's {Y/N}."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means we've come a long way to get here, Alex. A very long way. George sent a message. A distress call, if you like. Whatever's inside that cupboard is so terrible, so powerful, that it amplified the fears of an ordinary little boy across all the barriers of time and space" {Y/N} says.

"Eh?"

"Through crimson stars and silent stars and tumbling nebulas like oceans set on fire. Through empires of glass and civilizations of pure thought, and a whole, terrible, wonderful universe of impossibilities. You see our eyes? They're old eyes. And one thing we can tell you, Alex. Monsters are real" {Y/N} says.

"You're both not from Social Services, are you?"

"First things first. You got any Jammie Dodgers?" the Doctor asks.

*Time skip*

"What is it with these photos? Anyway. Good. Nice tea. Nothing like a cuppa, but, decision. Should we open the cupboard?" the Doctor asks, {Y/N} and Alex nearly choke on their tea's.

"What?" they both ask.

"Should we?" the Doctor asks.

"Well...." Alex trails off.

"Got to open the cupboard, haven't we? Course we have. Come on, Alex. {Y/N}, come on. How else will we ever find out what's going on here?" the Doctor says.

"All right, but you said..." the Doctor cuts Alex off.

"Monsters. Yeah, well, that's what we do. Breakfast, dinner and tea. Fight the monsters. So this, this is just an average day at the office for us, right {Y/N}?"

"Sure" she replies, putting her mug down.

"Ok, yeah. You're right."

"Or maybe we shouldn't open the cupboard," the Doctor says.

"Eh?"

"We have no idea what might be in there. How powerful, how evil that thing might be" the Doctor continues.

"We don't?"

"Come on, Alex. Alex, come on. Are you crazy? We can't open the cupboard."

"God, no, no, we mustn't."

"Right. That settles it."

"Yes. Settles what?"

"Going to open the cupboard."

*Time skip*

George peers out from behind his Dad as the Doctor approaches the cupboard. The lift starts up and makes them jump. The Doctor unlocks the cupboard and opens it, leaping backwards to stand next to {Y/N}. There are clothes on hangers and toys at the bottom including a lovely Dolls' house.