Chapter 21

You were brought back to consciousness when your head banged into something hard, making you groan out in pain.

"Sorry about that, all these damn bumps in the road," you heard a vaguely-familiar voice mumble.

You slowly opened your eyes to see a road moving in front of you. It was then that you realized you were in a car, driving to who-knows-where. You attempted to raise your hand to rub your aching head but you were stopped by a force of some kind. You looked down to see a harness strapping you to the passenger seat, immobilizing your arm movements.

"You probably won't like that but I need to make sure you don't do something stupid like trying to climb out of the window while the car is moving," the voice from before said. You finally looked over to the voice and felt your face twist into a scowl.

"Where the hell are we Merric? Where are you taking me?" you asked with a growl.

"Where we are isn't too important, but we are heading back home," he replied. Your eyes widened with fright and you began squirming around, trying to pull your arms out from under the harness.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down, you're going to hurt yourself," Merric warned while glancing back and forth between you and the road.

"Let me out of here, I'm not going back there," you snarled.

"(Y/n) if you don't stop I'll just drug you, and I don't think you want that," Merric threatened. You froze in your seat and stopped struggling, making Merric sigh out in relief.

"Now if you want we can talk and I'll answer your questions or we can ignore each other, your choice," Merric offered. You scoffed while rolling your eyes and began staring, longingly, out the window.

"Will you take me back?" you asked.

"No," Merric responded immediately.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because you shouldn't be around those people anymore; it's dangerous. And don't try and say it's not, I saw the bite marks on your wrist," Merric answered. You whipped your head over to him and glared.

"You do realize I forced him to drink from me right?" you snapped. Merric's eyes widened slightly and he glanced over at you before returning his attention back to the road.

"What did you just say?" he asked lowly.

"You know exactly what I said. Jimin never wanted to drink from me but I forced him to do it. He is not dangerous, not like you," you replied while turning away to stare out the window again.

"He's obviously done something to you, brainwashed you or—"

"Stop trying to deny it Merric, if you can't handle the truth then don't say anything at all," you cut him off. Merric must think this is some kind of fairytale, where you're just a helpless princess kidnapped by the villain. But what he can't accept is that you weren't; you have offered yourself to the so-called "villain" of your own accord. He needs to grow up and open his eyes to see that you aren't the same girl you used to be.

"Where's Laura?" you asked, deciding to break the silence.

"She's probably gone, whether that means she's run away or she's been killed by that bastard," Merric replied. You laughed mockingly and dragged your gaze back over to Merric.

"Really? He's a bastard now? What does that make you then, huh? Because last time I checked you almost killed an innocent human, Clarisse, who never harmed me or anything like that, unlike Laura," you growled.