Chapter 5

"Good morning sleeping beauty."

You couldn't stop the heat that crept up your cheeks. Hearing his voice in person was too much. You never imagined that it would be so different from hearing it in videos.

"I-I am so sorry. I was feeling a little tired and j-just wanted to close my eyes, but it seems that I must've passed out. I can't believe you had to wait and watch, this is so embarrassing," you sputtered, trying to avoid eye contact by staring at your fiddling hands.

"You don't need to worry so much. I understand that you're tired, and I'm sure you have your reasons. I mean for all I know, you could've come from half-way across the country," Park Jimin reassured.

"And believe me when I say that this is the most normal thing I've seen thus far when coming to greet new offerers. You have no idea how many girls try to seduce me the minute I walk in the room. Some even go as far as making themselves bleed, like they're trying to tempt me to feed the moment we meet," he said while rubbing his temple, as if remembering was something painful to do.

Hearing this you were hardly surprised. After hearing about all the other girls here, it made sense that they did these things.

"D-did you?" You asked curiously.

"Did I feed? Of course not. I have a lot more self control then that. And I guess the girls weren't expecting it; they all seemed pretty disappointed when I brushed them off and instead got them to bandage the cut," Park Jimin replied. You were glad to hear this and couldn't help but let out a quiet breath of relief.

"How long have you been waiting?" You inquired.

"Maybe 5 minutes? Not that long," he answered. "You shouldn't feel bad, if anything I should apologize. I was making you wait for a long time, sorry I couldn't get down earlier," he apologized. You quickly shook your head.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you have your reasons," you said, mimicking his words. Park Jimin smiled and leaned back in his chair, his left elbow resting on the chair arm.

"Now that that's been taken care of, do you think you could get rid of the holy water?" he asked with a teasing glint in his eyes. Your mouth gaped open.

"H-h-how did you—," you began to stutter out.

"I am a vampire, you know? My senses are heightened. I can smell it on you, although it's not too much," he answered. He stretched out his hand, palm up and open, waiting for you to give him the holy water.

You reached up to your neck and undid your necklace, pulling by it out from underneath your shirt. At the end of it contained a small bottle with a clear liquid inside, the source of the smell Park Jimin was talking about. You placed the necklace in his hand and he brought it to his face to inspect it.

"Was this supposed to protect you?" he asked, amused. You rubbed your arm nervously.

"Kinda. It's more of a warning if anything. I have a lot more in a bag I always carry around, so the scent would usually be stronger," you answered.

He let out a hum and then undid the bottle cap, bringing the bottle up to his nose to smell. Then he did something that you did not expect at all. He turned the bottle up and let the liquid drip into his mouth, his Adam's apple bobbed to show he actually did swallow the holy water. His nose scrunched up in distaste and he began to cough slightly. All you could do was stare and watch in disbelief, mouth hanging open.

"Oh yeah. That's some strong stuff. I was not expecting it to be this bad, where the heck did you get this stuff," Park Jimin asked while closing the bottle up and placing it on the table, away from him.