Chapter 32 - The Fight

~Lily POV~

"Well, I've heard many things about you." Voldemort's dark, cold voice spoke. I shivered as chills ran up my spine. Voldemort walked forward, twirling his wand around in his long, white fingers.

He pointed to me, and I felt my heart drop into my stomach. Voldemort stopped abruptly a few feet in front of me, James, Sirius, and Remus. No one was fighting anymore. Everyone was staring at Voldemort, all their mouths hanging open in fear.

"And you three —" Voldemort pointed to James, Sirius, and Remus. "Yes, Severus has told me about you three. Talented, arrogant. And your a Black, your brother Regulus has made a very good addition to my group of Death Eaters."

"He would never join you!" Sirius yelled suddenly. "I know him, he would never join you!"

"Silence!" Voldemort screamed. Sirius quieted, but he glared at Voldemort with such loathing that I had never seen in his eyes. Not even when he looked at Severus.

"Well, I see that you so called savior Dumbledore hasn't joined the ranks that will die tonight."

"Dumbledore's coming!" I heard Marlene scream from behind me. "He's going to fight you and win!"

"Silence!" Voldemort screamed again. He waved his wand, "Crucio!"

I heard Marlene's screams echo around the room, down all the empty halls.

"No, please, stop!" I yelled, jumping up and running towards Marlene's body. "Torturing her will not help you!" With another scream from Marlene, she stopped twitching on the floor, and remained limp.

"Marlene," I cried, shaking her body. "Marlene, wake up, come on!"

"Lily!" James whispered in my ear. "Lily, she's fine, she's probably just fainted —!"

"Silence! Imperio!" I felt my spine straighten, my legs stretch out and walk back in front of Voldemort, James right by my side.

"Now, that's better. Silly, stupid girl! You're lucky she isn't dead for speaking out! Same for you, and Sirius Black!

"Now. All of you, stand in a line, right now. Come on, hurry up!" My legs were forced to move backwards, next to James and I could see out of the corner of my eye, Kingsley. Voldemort walked to Marlene's limp body, and pushed her around with his foot.

"D—Don't t-touch her!" I cried, trying to fight the Imperius curse that kept my mouth shut.

"Hard, isn't it? To fight the Imperius curse." He waved his wand again, and a loud voice spoke in my head. Walk forward.

No.

The small voice that said no shouted louder, and as one of my legs stepped forward, the other stepped backward. I fell on my hands and knees.

"Now, I want you to stand up, and walk back to your spot."

"Now, Tom, lets not torture these innocent people." Silence. Dumbledore appeared at the end of the long line of Order members. Cries of delight started around the room.

"Welcome, Dumbledore. Innocent, would not be the way to describe these people."

"How would you describe them?" It was like two people, having a common conversation, not ready to fight to the death.

"Traitors and thieves of Pure-Bloods, who are superior to all."

"Have you told these people that your own Mother married a Muggle? You're a Half-Blood, Tom Riddle."

"You dare call me by my disowned name? You have no right —!"

"And what, do you think, gives you the right to think yourself above these people, when you are just the same?" And then with a flash of light, they started to duel. Order member started to push people out of the building.

Screams sounded through the air as Voldemort's followers tried to stop them from leaving.

"Marlene!" I cried, stopping abruptly, and starting to turn back. I drew my wand, and started to duel two Death Eaters at once, Marlene's body laying just behind them.

Suddenly, pain seared through my left ankle. I glanced down, still dueling, to see the biggest snake I had ever seen, it's teeth sunken into my calf.

"Lily!" I heard James yell. I fell backwards, my hands jumping to my ankle, and sending curses to the snake on the ground.

The snake slithered back, long gashes appearing in its thin body, and hissing, slithered away. I felt someone pick me up from the ground. To my surprise, it was Sirius, and waving his wand quickly, him and James began to duel the two Death Eaters I had been fighting.

"Sirius, just get Lily out, we'll get Marlene!" I felt my eyes droop, felt Sirius start to run off. I extended my to James, and hoped that he'd be okay. I saw Remus take Sirius's place, and then, darkness.

• • •

"We'll give her this when she wakes, she'll be here for a week at least."

"Any news on her friends?"

"Marlene's woken up, but will need a few more days of rest. Sirius's ankle is repairing itself, he'll be out by tomorrow."

"So only those two got hurt?"

"Yes, sounds like it."

"M-Moody? Kingsley?" They both jumped, and turning to me, giving me grace looks.

"Lily — you're awake," Kingsley started, looking slightly surprised.

"Yeah . . . Where am I? What's happened? Where's Marlene? And James, and Sirius, Remus?"

"They're all fine. We're at St. Mungo's, Sirius and Marlene will be here for another couple days, while you'll be here for at least another week."

"Week? Why?"

"Voldemort's snake took a right nasty bite outta you," Moody said gravely. "Just be glad that it didn't bite you anywhere fatal." I ripped the blankets off to show my ankle, bandaged and clean.

"And where's James and Alice? What about Frank, and Remus? And where are Marlene and Sirius staying?"

"Just rest, Lily. Worrying about things that you need not worry about will not help them."

• • •

Sincerely,
4WeasleyIsOurKing