Chapter 21 - The Final Prank

~Lily POV~

Alice was in tears. I was in tears. Marlene was in tears.

We were all sitting down outside beside a tall palm tree, mine, Alice and Marlene's feet in the cool water of the Great Lake.

"I can't believe that we'll never be back again," Alice cried. In answer to this, me and Marlene sobbed. The three of us held onto each other, tears streaking down out faces.

"I c-can't s-stop cry-crying," I whimpered.

"I can't believe that I decided that it would be a good idea to put mascara on," Marlene cried. I looked at her, and her face was tear streaked, along with dark spots under her eyes. We all laughed.

"I w-wonder where the-the boys are," I said.

"I wonder, too. I think Frank might be with his brothers." Alice said.

"I bet James, Sirius, Remus and Peter are probably doing some final prank at Hogwarts or something like that." I said.

"Wonder what it is? I bet it's got to be done with something like attacking Filch, or something." Marlene said.

"I bet you a galleon that they're doing something to the food for the feast," I said.

"You're on," Marlene grinned.

"Wait, wait, wait, I must enter my idea," Alice said. "I bet they'll do something in the corridors, like make some dungbombs blow up, or something."

"A galleon's worth bet," I grinned.

• • •

~James POV~

"Padfoot, hurry, Minnie's gonna turn the corner any second now," I whispered, staring at the Marauders Map, watching the small dot with the label of Minerva McGonagall move quickly up the corridor towards them.

"Done!" Sirius said. We stood outside a portrait with a bowl of fruit.

"Here, c'mon, step back -" I said. We walked backwards a few steps. Then Professor McGonagall walked around the corner, stopping a about five feet from the portrait, the portrait behind her.

"And what are you two doing?" she asked, stopping abruptly in the middle of the corridor.

"Nothing, Minnie," Sirius said, smiling innocently. "How are you on this lovely day?"

"Mr. Black, I have repeatedly told you to not call me that," she said, annoyed.

"But, Minnie, it's my nickname for you!"

"Mr. Black, please don't call me that," Remus then poked his head around the corner McGonagall had just come. I nodded, and Remus walked to the portrait silently, Peter behind him by a couple of feet. Remus tickled the giant pear, and right when it giggled, Sirius yelled out.

"But Minnie -!" Professor McGonagall didn't notice. I grinned. I watched as Peter and Remus slipped inside, shutting the portrait quietly behind them.

"Mr. Black, you will refer to me and Professor," she said tiredly.

"Okay, then, Professor." Sirius said plainly, his face gone blank, which was before excited.

"There you go," she said, starting to walk back down the corridor past us. We both looked behind us, watching until she was gone. Then we walked over to the portrait, tickled the pear, and walked into a small dark hallway. Remus and Peter were waiting just beside the opening.

"Good, c'mon, let's go," I said quietly. We walked down the small hallway. While we were walking, Remus asked, "Why couldn't we have just walked into the kitchen without you two making a diversion?"

"Moony, it's the best when we make a diversion when we don't need to," Sirius said. "It feels like we're first years again." We kept walking, and ended up in the kitchen ten seconds later, and we saw tons of house elves hurrying around, giant plates of food in their small arms.

"Hello!" I said loudly. All the house elves stopped, as if frozen, all looking up at us. Then the room exploded with sound as the house elves stopped what they were doing to gather sweets and make tea on small tea trays.

"Master Potter, Master Black, Master Pettigrew, Master Lupin," the elves were all saying hurriedly, pushing the food in out hands.

"No food for us, thanks," I said, but I noticed Peter starting to eat the exploding bon bons that were on the plate that was in front of him, and I rolled my eyes. "We're here to . . . experiment."

"Sir, what will you experiment, sir?" one house elf asked.

"Well, it's our last night at Hogwarts, and we want to finish with a special prank." Sirius explained. The house elf frowned.

"Are you going to do something to the food?"

"Yes, but it won't change the taste of the food, but the color of it."

"Sir, may I ask, how will you do that?" another elf asked eagerly.

"We're going to put a temporary charm on it so it'll change the color. Here watch -" I pulled my wand from my robes, and pointed it at Sirius' robes. "Colovaria." I muttered. Sirius' robes, which were before black, turned to a light pink.

"Hey!" Sirius exclaimed. "What're you doing?"

"Colovaria -" his robes changed back to black. "I'm just showing the house elves how it's done." Then, all the house elves clapped, amazed. I bowed, grinning.

"Now, can we color the food?" the house elves nodded enthusiastically, making room for us to walk across the kitchen. For the next hour or so, we colored the food tons of different colors; pink, blue, red, green, purple, you name it.

• • •

~Lily POV~

"I'm so hungry!" Alice said. The Great Hall was filled with shouts and laughter, talking, and yes, lots of crying.

"Me too," I said. Then, Dumbledore stood up from his chair at the front of then Hall, smiling, eyes twinkling.

"I only have two words for you right now," Dumbledore said. James, Sirius, Remus and Peter laughed loudly, trying to muffle it. I rolled my eyes at them. "Tuck in." And when Dumbledore waved his wand, the food appeared. But it didn't look like the regular food we always had.

It was pink. And blue. And purple. And green, and red, and yellow. My jaw dropped. I looked up at the boys, who were howling with laughter. I glanced up at Dumbledore, expecting him to look disappointed, but he was laughing too.

• • •

Sincerely,

4WeasleyIsOurKing