Chapter 25 - House Hunting

~Lily POV~

"Ready?" James asked, as we walked into a dark alleyway to apparate.

"Yeah," I said, smiling up at him and taking his hand. "Do you feel like this relationship is going too fast?"

"Nope. Do you?"

"Not at all. Well, it definitely feels like its going very fast, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like we've been dating for years." I turned slightly, and we appeared behind a tall building.

"Yeah, it's kind of weird," James laughed. We walked to the front of the building looking around at the small town.

"Ah, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Potter!" We turned to see a short witch, standing a few feet behind us. The witch was almost exactly as you would expect to be your ordinary Grandma, except instead of gray and white hair, she had short mousy brown hair. The witch smiled sweetly at us.

"Oh, no, we're not married," James said, smiling at the witch.

"Oh," The witch said in a sweet voice. "I didn't know that, forgive me. I am Mary Underweild. So, house hunting?"

"Yes, for our first house," I answered.

"Well, lots of these flats are perfect for starting a life together! Well, come along, I've got a house just down the street here -" Mary Underweild said, turning and walking down the street. Me and James hurried after her down the street. We walked in silence for a couple minutes before Mary Underweild stopped abruptly in front of a small, blue house, and extended her arm to the house, smiling widely.

"This is the first house we'll be looking at today. So, first impressions - what do you two think?"

"I think its cute, I like the - the blue color," I said, smiling. Mary smiled and walked up to the house, pulling out her wand and tapping the door knob, saying aloud, "Alohomora!" The door clicked, and Mary opened the door, and stepped in, and we followed her. The inside was quite cramped, and the walls were the same shade as the outside of the house.

"Well, I'll just let you two walk 'round the house, look and come back and tell me what you think about it, I'll just be in the kitchen." Mary disappeared into another room, and I turned to James.

"Well, lets go," I smiled. We walked around the small house. There was two bedrooms, one bathroom, a pink-carpeted living room, and the kitchen was so small, the three of us barely fit.

"So, what did you think of the house?" Mary asked once we were back on the sidewalk.

"Too small," James said.

"Ditto," I said. Mary smiled, but the smile didn't reach her eyes. Her eyes were stone cold.

"Well, come along, I have another house to show you," We walked a bit more down the street, and ended up in front a great, big house, which looked the exact opposite from the last house. Mary walked up to the door, said, "Alohomora." once more, and walked into house quickly.

"Well, this is the next house, what do you think?"

"I think this looks like my parents house," James said in awe, looking around the house. There was a grand staircase, a glistening chandelier, and it was so open and clean.

"I love it, it's so . . . fancy, you know, like . . . open and everything," I breathed, turning on the spot and looking up at the house.

"I'll let you look around, while I'll be in the kitchen," We walked around the house, there was five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a great, big living room, and the kitchen was large and open.

"Do, what did you think?" Mary snarled. Instead of a smile, she scowled at us, her eyes colder than ever.

"Um, well I really like it, but I guess it could be too much money. I mean, look at it - its so big, open, fancy, you can just tell that it's too much." I said, motioning to the kitchen around us.

"Well, I think we should go then," James said, and you could hear urgency in his voice. I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared up at him. The look he gave me made me know that it was important. I nodded, any we turned, starting to leave the kitchen.

"Oh, no. You won't be leaving that fast," Instead of Mary's sweet, girly-ish voice, came an amused, cold voice. My wand was already out as I turned face to face with a Deatheater, dressed in a black, his long, dark hair unkempt, and scars along his face.

"Expelliarmus!" I yelled, but the Deatheater blocked it with ease.

"Stupefy!" James shouted.

"Stupefy!" The Deatheater yelled, blocking James's curse. The spell flew at James, but he blocked it.

"Confundus!" I yelled.

"Locomoter Mortis!" James yelled. The Deatheater blocked my curse, but fell to the ground as his legs stuck together.

"Stupefy!" I yelled. The Deatheater was stunned on the floor, legs stuck together like glue.

"I knew something was up," James panted, staring down at the Deatheater.

"We should have been more careful." I said angrily, scowling at the man.

"Wonder who he is?" James asked. I shrugged.

"So much for house hunting," I laughed, but laughing was only to ease myself.

"Yeah. We need to get to the Order, tell them we've caught this idiot." James said, motioning to the man. I nodded.

"I can go," I suggested. James nodded.

"Okay, I'll stay here, while you go to the Headquarters. And be quick, he'll wake up soon enough." I nodded, leaving the house quickly, running behind the house and disapparating on the spot and ending up right in front of the Headquarters. I glanced around, but there was no one in sight. I walked forward, knocking on the door. I heard the familiar clunk, clunk, clunk of Mad eye's artificial foot. The door opened and Mad eye appeared there, scowling.

"What're you doing here?" Mad eye growled.

• • •

Sincerely,

4WeasleyIsOurKing