Chapter 10 - Afterwards

~Lily POV~

The next few weeks after the dance was awkward between me and James, and we obviously both tried to avoid it. Christmas Holiday was coming up fast, and I had been excited to go home and see my Mum and Dad and Petunia, since she was going to be home for the holiday from some muggle school, collage, I think.

Alice and Marlene would visit me, of course, and I would visit them, too. But I don't think I will visit James. Again, it would be too awkward. We spent our regular Head Girl and Boy duties in silence most of the time, and I could tell that the night after the dance, that James wasn't too happy with Sirius, according to Marlene.

• • •

(time lapse to the week before holidays)

Professor McGonagall just finished up with the last lecture of the class period, about how important NEWTS are, and that we should be studying our Transfiguration, giving us a gallon of homework to go along with the studying.

"Lils, where are you going?" Alice asked as we walked out of the classroom. I was heading up the steps towards the library, and Alice and Marlene head towards the Great Hall for dinner.

"To the library," I say simply. "I have tons of homework. And so do you, so I would suggest-"

"Lils, you can do it after dinner."

"Al-"

"Come on, Lils," Marlene says, taking my hand and leading me off in the opposite direction. "You need to eat. You can study during Holiday!" We sit down in our regular spots, right next to the Marauders.

I sit next to Alice and Remus, with Marlene, Sirius and James in front of me. Peter sits next to Remus. Peter rarely eats anymore, and I have no idea why. Maybe its the NEWTS getting to him, but he especially is getting much thinner.

I pull some chicken onto my plate slowly, reading through Hogwarts: A History. After about ten minutes, someone pulls my book away, and I look up. James has my book. I glare at him.

"Give me my book back," I demand, almost growling. A grin slowly creeps onto his face as he starts to slowly stand up. "James Potter-" I don't finish, because James bolts out of the Great Hall, my book pressed against his chest. I sprint after him, but he's had a head start.

"JAMES POTTER COME BACK HERE!" I scream at him, as I run down the corridor. He doesn't look back, though. After thirty seconds of sprinting and screaming, I finally reach the portrait hole to our common room. James looks at me in horror as he closes the portrait behind him. He's trapped now.

I yell the password, and it opens. I scramble into out common room, and I can see James dart into his room, closing it. Running up his staircase, I try to open his door, but its locked.

"JAMES POTTER, YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!" No response. I pull out my wand, casting 'Alohamora'. Now, I open the door. James is laying on his bed, reading my book, just casually.

"JAMES POTTER! GIVE ME MY DAMN BOOK!"

"What ever do you mean?"

"JAMES!"

"Alright, alright." He says, handing me my book. I take from he hands, and hold it tightly against my chest, still glaring at him.

"Why did you take it?" I ask, slowly and quietly.

"Because you need to have some fun every once in a while," James sighs. "And I wanted to talk to you."

"Why did you want to talk to me?"

"I just wanted to talk. That's all."

"Okay then," I sit down on his large bed. "Let's talk." He sits down next to me, closer than I had expected him to sit. Ever since the dance, we had been avoiding each other. Now, we're less than a foot apart.

"I wanted to say sorry for the way the dance ended. Sirius was drunk on firewhiskey, and claimed that he had no idea why he did that. I want us to be friends again, no more avoiding each other. I just don't want to lose you."

"You won't. You never will," I take his hand in mine, holding tightly. "I'll always be with you."

"Always?"

"Always." I kiss him on the cheek. His expression is surprised and shocked. I can feel the heat rush to my cheeks, and then I leave.

"Bye James!" I say quickly, leaving the room and bounding down the steps. I put my book on my desk, and walk back down to the Great Hall for my bag, which I left there while running after James. When I get back, not many people are still there. I see Alice and Marlene sitting at the table by themselves, talking. When I sit down again, they raise their eyebrows.

"It's fine," I raise my book. "I got my book."

"Why are you blushing?" Marlene ask's, a smile creeping into her face.

"I'm not blushing."

"Yes, you are." Alice says, smiling.

"Did James kiss you?!"

"No, of course not."

"Did you kiss him?" At Marlene's words, I blush a even deeper red than before.

"Oh my God, Lils! You kissed him, didn't you?!"

"No, no. Well, I kissed him on the cheek, that's all." I say quickly. "I'm tried, lets go to bed, come on."

"Lils!"

"No! You-" they both start, but I just get up and walk away from them. They get up and hurry towards me. I turn around.

"I am not going to talk about it anymore, okay?"

"Lils, we're your best friends, you need to tell us about this kind of stuff." Marlene whines.

"How about I tell you two tomorrow, maybe."

"Okay, fine then. Let's go to bed now, alight?" They nod, and we go up to our own common rooms. When I get into mine and James's common room, thankfully, he isn't there to question me. I head up to bed, reading Hogwarts: A History.

• • •

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been updating regularly. Here is cheaper 10, I hope you like it! Please vote and leave suggestions please! Also, give me some feedback!

Sincerely,
Paris_Potterhead