Another Task?

Keith drove us back to his apartment. The sun was still out, so I definitely had some time to spend with Monika. However, I was still a little worried about how Keith was feeling, with Kiara leaving and all.

"Hey Keith, how are you doing," I asked upon entering the apartment.

"I'm doing good. And you?"

"Yeah I'm good too."

"That's good. I'm gonna be upstairs if you need anything."

Keith headed upstairs while Monika and I headed to his dads room, ready to spend some time together. We lied in bed and she looked at me with a smile. I moved in closer, as did she.

She was beautiful. I saw her quite often, but I didn't really take the time to actually admire her beauty. From her beautiful eyes to her beautiful heart, it was nice to know that this girl right here, Monika, was my girlfriend.

We just looked into each other's eyes. Should I start a conversation? Or do I continue let my mind get hypnotized by her beauty? Whether I did one or the other, I'd be spending time with Monika. That's the important thing.

"Hey Monika."

"Hey Danny." She continued to smile at me.

I put my arm around her and brought her in for a hug. She allowed herself to be brought in without hesitation. Our bodies were soon touching.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Danny."

I could lie with Monika all day. Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. We could cuddle, watch movies, and...

My phone started to ring.

Monika moved away to give me some space. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the number. I recognized the number, but I didn't remember who it was. I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey buddy."

God dammit. Cain. He was my "friend," but most of our hangouts consisted of me trying to help him pick up girls. It usually ended up in failure, no matter how badass he tried to make himself seem. The only reason I continued to help him was because he was willing to pay for the help.

"Hey Cain. What's up?"

"Hey you're tough, right?"

"Cain, having a tough friend isn't gonna help you find a girlfriend. You want someone interested in you, not me."

"No it's not for that. I need someone to be dealt with."

"Well if you're looking for someone tough, then you got the wrong guy. I'm more of a planner."

"What? But you took down Kyle's gang!"

Shoot, did people really care about that?

"No, me AND my friends took down Kyle's gang. If you're looking for someone tough, I can pass you Odin's number, but I expect you to pay him triple."

"No, no, that won't be necessary. You're tough enough for this guy. I'll give you a hundred fifty if you do it."

Wow, that's a lot better than the usual forty. I knew this guy was wealthy, but was he really willing to spend that much just for me to do some task?

"Alright, I'll get it done. Who's the guy?"

"I'll show you who it is when I pick you up. Are at home?"

"No, I'm at a friends."

"Tell me his address, I'll pick you up."

Yeah sure Cain. I'll drop everything I'm doing to help you out.