What About Tomorrow?

I entered Keith's dads room and saw Monika lying in bed. She seemed to be watching a movie, but I didn't recognize it. She was dressed up like she was going out, but relaxing like she didn't have any plans. She was wearing a while long sleeve with a black skirt and a black bow to match.

"Hey Monika!"

"Oh hey Danny! How have you been?"

"Been pretty good, I just got back. How about you?"

"I've been pretty good too. But I'm doing a lot better now that you're here."

I blushed. "Haha, thanks Monika."

I lied in bed next to her and watched the movie with her.

Well I attempted to.

I couldn't really concentrate. My mind was going crazy with thoughts of Monika. I just hugged her and looked at the TV without paying too much attention. Monika seemed to be interested in it, so I did my best not to distract her from it.

After the movie was over, Monika got the remote and turned off the TV.

"You're not gonna watch another movie," I asked.

"Nah, I think I'd rather talk with you." Her smile widened. "I want to know everything about you!"

Wow, Monika was really interested in getting to know me. Not even my ex was this interested. But I wasn't really sure what to tell her.

"I'm not sure what to say. What would you like to know?"

"Well I guess just random things. Like, what's your favorite food?"

"Ah well, I guess I would go with pizza. But I sometimes have a craving for wings. Although I prefer boneless, I don't mind-"

There was a knock on the door and a feminine "hello," coming from the other side. I got up and opened the door. Maddie, Odin's "date," was standing outside.

"Hey, I was wondering if any of you knew where Odin was? He told me he'd be back after he dropped you off."

That was about five hours ago, wasn't it? Did Odin forget about her? How the hell?

"Well he never told me anything. I just got back a couple of minutes ago."

She sighed. "Ah, that bastard."

"W-wait! I'll call him. Does Keith know you're here?"

"Yeah, been comforting me all day since Odin left."

"Alright, well you can wait in the living room with Keith. I'll give Odin a call."

"Cool, thanks Danny." She gave me a hug and closed the door on her way out. I lied back down next to Monika.

"So, what were we talking about," I asked.

"Uh, you were telling me about your favorite food." She didn't seem as happy as she was a couple of minutes ago.

She wasn't even smiling.

"Uh, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine."

"Come on Monika, you can talk to me. You're my girlfriend!"

She blushed and gave me a subtle smile. "Well, I was thinking about how you're gonna be in school tomorrow. You're gonna see a lot of cute girls there, and I'm worried that you'll find someone else."

I hugged her. "Oh Monika, I could never replace you. You're the only one for me. And I already made my decision. You're gonna come to school with me."

She seemed surprised. I actually was a little surprised, myself. I spoke without thinking.