Double Date Disaster

Keith drove us all to red lobster. There were quite a bit of people, but it wasn't completely packed. After a bit of searching, we found a spot to park. We entered the restaurant and saw all the people inside. I wasn't really a fan of eating in places with a lot of people, but I liked the food here. We were soon seated. I sat next to Monika while Keith sat next to Kiara. The waiter came and we ordered our drinks. After he left, I made some conversation.

"So, how have you all, been," I asked.

"I've been good," Keith said.

"What about you, Monika?"

"I've been great."

"That's good." I turned to Kiara, who was typing on her phone. "And what about you, Kiara?"

"Hmm?" She looked at me. "I'm sorry, what?"

"How have you been," I asked again.

"Oh. Fine, I've been fine."

She seemed a lot more chill when she was at Keith's apartment.

"You seem busy, is everything alright," I asked.

She continued to type away at her phone as she spoke.

"Yeah everything's cool."

I gave her a questioning look. She didn't notice of course, since she was so focused on her phone. Keith looked a little embarrassed, which I could definitely understand.

"Alright then. Well uh, how did you and Keith meet?"

She glanced at me before looking back at her phone. "Uh Keith, why don't you tell them?"

"Of course. Well we actually met this semester. We have an Advanced Biology class together and that's where we started talking. I remember when..."

Kiara's phone started to ring again.

She answered it, interrupting Keith.

"Hello? No I'm not, I already told you. What would you make you think something like that? What? Who?" She paused for a moment while she was still on the phone. "What did he look like?" As she paused again, she glared at me. "I think I know who it is. Let me call you back, okay?" She hung up the phone and put it in her purse.

Finally. I was sure she'd have it in her hand throughout the whole time we were out.

She looked at me with anger in her eyes. "When Keith was outside, where were you?"

I guess she found me out.

"I was getting some fresh air. I saw something that made me wanna throw up."

"And where did you go?"

Keith came into the conversation. "He was probably just walking around."

"No, I want to know where he was."

I looked at Monika and then back at Kiara. I wanted to mention the guy, but I didn't want Keith to get hurt. But then again, if I don't mention it now, it'll hurt him more in the long run. I had to do it now.

"Something caught my attention," I said.

I was still nervous. Should I really?

"What caught your attention," Kiara asked.

"Well, I uh, saw someone at the side of your house."

That should be enough, right?

"What, oh! You must've seen my brother."

Was she still trying to lie her way out of this?