Chapter 23

The music started and Ben was starting to walk down the aisle. Whenever he passed someone they bowed. Once Ben passed them Jenna looked over at Jay and held his hand.

   "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked.

    "I do solemnly swear." Ben replied.

    "Then it is my honor and my job to bless our new king." Fairy Godmother said. She held out the wand out and someone took it from her hand. Everyone was shocked when they saw that Jane was the one who took the wand.

    "Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother asked in shock.

    "If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane boldly stated. She moved the wand from side to side and said, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Evie and Carlos ran to where Mal was standing and Jay was about to, but Jenna held onto his arm.

"Where are you going?" Jenna asked.

"I'm trying to protect you." Jay said, he kissed her on the cheek and ran to meet with his friends.

    "Careful, Mal!" Belle said.

    "Mal, give me the wand." Ben said.

     "Stand back." Mal said.

    "It's okay."

    "Ben, I said stand back!"

    "I told you so!" Audrey said, but she back away when Mal faced her.

    "Revenge time." Jay said as he got downstairs.

     "What?" Jenna asked herself while a tear ran down her cheek.

    "You really want to do this?" Ben asked Mal.

    "We have no choice, Ben!" Mal said.

    "Our parents-" Carlos said.

     "Your parents made their choice. Now you make yours." Ben stated to the 4 villain kids.

    "I think I want to be good." Mal replied.

    "You are good." Ben said.

    "How do you know that?"

    "Because... Because I'm listening to my heart."

    "I want to listen to my heart, too." Mal said, she put the wand down and faced her friends. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents." She turns to Jay, "I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney, victory pizza with the team, and being with Jenna makes you happy."

    "Yeah!" Jay said, he looked back at Jenna and smiled at her.

    Mal faces Carlos, "And you, scratching dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought?" Mal then turns to Evie and they both tear up, "And Evie.. You do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart. And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben." She turns to Ben and he has a surprised look on his face. "Because Ben makes me really happy. Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." Mal reached her hand out and looked at the others.

    "I choose good, too." Jay said, he reached his hand out, and looked back at Jenna and gestured her to come down.

    "I choose good." Evie said, she put her hand in the middle. Jenna comes down and stands next to Jay. He reaches his other hand out and holds her hand.

    "So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad." Carlos and his friends started laughing.

    "Your parents can't reach you here." Ben said.

    "Okay, then. Good." Carlos said, he puts his hand on top of the others.

    "Come on." Mal said. Everyone was in a group hug until green smoke appeared, and fly around the room. Maleficent appears out of the smoke and Jay put his arm out to protect Jenna.

    "I'm back!" Maleficent said with her arms out.

    "Go away, mother." Mal said as she holds up the wand.

    "She's funny. Oh! I'm so... you're very funny. Here. Wand me. Chop chop."

    "No!" Belle said. Mal looked at her mother then at FG, she then decides to throw it to Fairy Godmother.

    "Bibbidi-bobbidi-" Fairy Godmother starts to say when Mal throws her the wand.

    "Boo." Maleficent finishes, she froze everyone. She walks up to the Beast and takes off his classes, "Ooh. Ooh, in another time,
in another time." She walks over to Fairy Godmother and takes to wand out of her hand, "Evil like me, don't you wanna be mean... Ow!" She stated. She put the wand up to the Fairy Godmothers nose, "Oh. Oh, no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs." She laughed. "Where shall we begin? I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this-" She pauses as she uses the wand to remove Ben's ring off of Mal's finger, "Perfect fit!" She laughed. Maleficent started to make her way over to Ben, but she needed to duck underneath people's arms, "Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me. The horns, the horns!" She walked up to Ben and looked at him. "Aw... Falling in love is weak... And ridiculous.  It's not what you want."

    "You don't know what I want! Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want?  I'm not you!" Mal said. Jenna chuckled and Jay looked back.

     Jay stared at her confused, "Aren't you supposed to be frozen?"

     "I'm a genie. I'm not affected by other people's magic."

     "Nice."

    "Oh, obviously. I've had years and years and years and... Years of practice being evil. You'll get there." Maleficent continued.

    "No, I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself." Mal paused. "Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing."

    "I know one thing, young lady. You have no room for love in your life!"

    "And now I command, wand to my hand!" Mal reached out her hand and the wand come to here, "Ha! It worked!"

     "Nice going Mal." Jenna said.

     "How aren't you frozen?" Mal asked.

     "I'm a genie, I don't get affected by other people's magic. Especially lame attempts at a
spell." Jenna replied.

    "My spell wasn't weak!" Maleficent screamed. "Who do you think you are!"

     "I'm Jenna, daughter of the genie." Jenna smiled. "And you seem to have lost your evil touch since you've been on the isle."

      "Shut up little girl."

      "Jen, what are you doing?" Jay asked.

      "I'm getting really tired of people telling me what to do."

       "Well too bad." Maleficent said, she used her septor to launch Jenna back a few feet. She blacks out as soon as she hits the floor. Jay rushes to Jenna's side and tries to wake her up. Mal is in shock that her mother would do that to her friend. Maleficent is pacing back and forth, "Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand!" She holds out her hand like a crazy person.

    "Hold on, Mal. Maybe good really is more powerful than evil." Carlos said.